[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Queens of the Stone Age Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 2
File: like clockwork.jpg (7 KB, 223x226) Image search: [Google]
like clockwork.jpg
7 KB, 223x226
>My God is the Sun is the only song worth listening to on entire album

What went wrong?

Besides near death surgery.
>>
>I Appear Missing
>>
How can one man be so wrong
>>
>>60661894
(not true by the way)

Every track is good, I Appear Missing is one of the best songs of the decade tbqhwy
>>
>>60661894
Oh, look, it's this "QOTSA were great when they made stoner" thread
>>
>>60661904
>>60661950
I Appear Missing has those brief 5-10 seconds were you think its taking off but it just slows down.
Good part "shock me awake, tear me apart,...yada yada"

The rest is kind of meh for me.
>>
>>60661959
I just think this albums pretty underwhelming. I like the others. Especially 3s and 7s and Songs for the Deaf.
>>
>>60661894
You've listened to it, right?
>Track 2
>Track 4
>Track 5
>Track 8
>Track 9
>Track 8
>Track 8
It sounds like you're just not into QOTSA
>>
Fucking finally

Everyone on this board creams their pants for this album, I found it really bland

Songs for the Deaf was way better
>>
>>60662397
>Track 5 is My God is the Sun

Youre right. Im just an era vulgaris, Songs for the deaf, lullabies to paralyze, and rated r fan.
THis new album feels like grammy bait to me.
>>
>>60661894
What the fuck is wrong with you. Come over here, I'm gonna spank dat ass, BWOY.
>>
>>60662599
Define Grammy bait
Grammies have almost no artistic value anymore
>>
>>60661894
It's not near the best but to say there's only 1 good song is being contrarian as fuck.
>>
File: 1447915407993.png (118 KB, 256x287) Image search: [Google]
1447915407993.png
118 KB, 256x287
>>60661894
>>
>>60662566
>Calls Like Clockwork bland
>Songs for the deaf is literally Radiorock. Bad parody.
>>
It's my aotd so far and I gotta say My God Is The Sun is one of the lesser tracks on the album
I appear missing is ofcourse by far the best
>>
Counter proposal, I go home and jerk off.

>tfw josh wasn't in paris playing with Eagles when shit went down
>>
Keep your eyes peeled is the only thing that went 'wrong'. It's not that bad but certainly the worst song of the album.
>>
>>60661894
the definition of a mediocre album
besides one or two tracks it bored me to death

i know it's a cliched thing to say by now, but qotsa were MUCH better when they played stoner rock
>>
The songs are great, there's a lot of emotion to be found in them. Initially I didn't really care for the slower pace but after finding out what happened and being able to link the lyrics to it I've found a nre appreciation for it and it's become my most played album just behind them crooked vultures.
>>
>>60664421
Nope
>>
>>60664372
it came out in 2013 u pleb
>>
>>60664546
>aotd
>year
no john, you are the retards
>>
>>60664546
lmao tbqh
>>
>>60664546
my sides
>>
Can we at least all agree that Better Living Through Chemistry was by far the best thing they ever did?
>>
>>60665656
I like it
>>
This shouldn't surprise you, QOTSA have been getting steadily shittier as time has gone on

Era Vulgaris has some slight peaks but they totally fucked up with a bunch of boring, pointless songs that shouldn't have ever made an album cut. Then Like Clockwork is even worse for filler shit

Even for radio musicians, I think its such a dumb idea to release an album when you don't have enough good content for it. You're just going to piss your fans off when they buy your new CD and its fucking god awful
>>
>>60661894
I Appear Missing
I Sat by the ocean
If I had a tail - everything in this song is great, Homme's one of the finest
Smooth Sailing
Kalopsia - chorus is just genius
>>
>>60665716
Like Clockwork is by far their best and most mature record
>>
My God Is The Sun was the only track on the album I didn't really like...
>>
Finally get a QotSA thread and it's filled with idiots. ...Like Clockwork has filler? I don't even know what specific songs you could be talking about. If you don't like it, fine that's cool. But saying it's bland or grammy bait or not genuine art is plain wrong. Makes me think you listened to it once or twice then judged it hard.
>>
>>60665957
This desu
>>
>>60662105
Yeah, 3's and 7's, great album, right?

Clearly you're a pretty hardcore QOTSA fan, not sure why anyone would have doubted otherwise.
>>
>>60662105
Im pretty sure "In my head" is their best album t'bh im'o
>>
>>60667407
I prefer the one with Kurt Cobain and Robert Plant
>>
>>60667439
damn, how could i forget that one, that was a great year
>>
>>60661894

desu I feel like this is the best thing they put out since songs for the deaf

lullabies was ok but had a god-awful second half ("Someone's In The Wolf" blugh)
era vulgaris was better but didn't have as much impact, excepting the singles, which were stellar.
>>
>>60667492
i like Someones in the wolf
>>
>>60667492
Lullabies are objectively the worst qotsa album
>>
>>60667532

it would be a good song if it didn't have that long-ass, boring bridge

ditto with "skin on skin". the zipper part's just annoying AF
>>
>>60665716
>...Like Clockwork
>filler
It's the only album of their's i would say has absolutely no filler.
>>
>>60661894
Like Clockwork is a great album.
They decided to go a different direction because the level of Songs for the Deaf was impossible to reach again.
They knew it, everyone knew it.

Like Clockwork is the best possible answer to this situation. It is their 2nd best album I'd say.
Except "Smooth Sailing", dunno wtf went wrong there.
>>
>>60667599
This
>>
>>60667676
I like Smooth Sailing.
>>
>>60667718
me too, anon
>>
>>60667676
But Smooth Sailing is so good
>>
QOTSA has better b-sides/bonus tracks than albums
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.