[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Need someone to explain to my why their live shows are how they are
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (48 KB, 400x566) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48 KB, 400x566
Why does MC Ride sing over a track of his own voice?

Why does he sing in this monotone way that you don't hear on the studio recordings? Can't he sing in a higher, more clear voice? And when he sings quieter, he seems to mumble and have no breath. Why can't he sing like he does on Billy Not Really or something where his voice is more calm, more spoken word, less intense?

Even the spoken word stuff he screams with his out of breath voice like "Come come the fuck apart in here, I". Why? Why isn't there a dynamic to his style?

Is this just a part of their IDGAF aesthetic?
>>
Stefan is not Stefan in the records
>>
>>60661138
Why?
>>
>>60661138
Not sure if trolling but if you've ever played live as a dynamic vocalist you know exactly why
>>
>>60661446
Nah, I'm not trolling. I just have no knowledge of how this works so I thought someone could explain it to me
>>
Because he's a talentless hack of course
>>
>>60661138
He doesn't sing over his own vocals, but sometimes his vocals end up as part of the beat itself IE Billy Not Really. Check out Black Google and you'll see what I mean.
>>
>>60661138
Why do overproduced bands sound shitty live? Gee OP, I don't know. Animal Collective are the same, absolutely brilliant studio work that falls to pieces when performed live. Stuff like Death Grips isn't meant to be heard live, that's my take.
>>
>>60662290
Your reply makes the most sense, thx anon.
>>
>>60661138
given death grips style and the way many of the songs are produced, particularly GP and niggaz, that's really the only way it can be done
>>
>>60661138
Stefan is also a heavy smoker, he can't go for more than two tracks before gasping at the end of every line.
>>
>>60661138
ever think maybe he just does what he feels on stage? He doesn't sound good live, and I don't think he cares to. It makes him feel good and to me, that's what Death Grips live show is all about. Zach frequently just zones out and does his own thing, as does Stefan.
>>
File: Bones_Garbage.jpg (129 KB, 709x709) Image search: [Google]
Bones_Garbage.jpg
129 KB, 709x709
>Why does Bones scream his verses like a screamo artist live
>>
>>60661138
>Why does MC Ride sing over a track of his own voice?
He does this for maybe one chorus of one track in five and it isn't noticable when you're actually at the shows.

Protip: doing a 32 show tour where you have to scream your lungs out every night then try to sleep in the back of a car on the way to your next show and do it on short rest and with a sore throat is extremely fucking exhausting and difficult. So, sometimes he eases up so he doesn't have to do an entire show where his voice is so shot he's inaudible. If you tried to do what he did in terms of show volume, you would pancake so hard people would start throwing beer bottles at you, but you don't, you just criticize him from your basement on a cambodean crab fishing image board based on some shitty youtube videos recorded with an iphone.

shut up
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.