[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
SILY 15'th Anniversary Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: Since_i_left_you.jpg (547 KB, 562x488) Image search: [Google]
Since_i_left_you.jpg
547 KB, 562x488
Originally released November 20, 2000.
>>
>>60648642
>Zomba Promo [flac]:
https://mega.nz/#!qR53FTaY!PdJEDBCW8BdQeGbEApRQDNqXg3UveEgGeV_PoiIBbCA
>>
>>60648642
>Rare documentary:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsQkEm6_Gv0
>>
>>60648642
>New album news:
http://musicfeeds.com.au/news/modular-teases-new-music-from-the-avalanches-as-court-dismisses-tame-impala-royalty-lawsuit/
>>
>>60648642
>(Almost) all mixtapes:
(4chan won't let me post the link. Google "swamp towers the avalanches", click on his blog, and use the search tag "The Avalanches" to find all mixtapes).
>>
Thank you for this fantastic thread, OP.
>>
great thread
deserved more replies
kudos op
>>
have another bump, friend
>>
that documentary was neato
gunna go get listen to their EP's now
>>
>>60650466
Undersea Community is GOAT. I'm not a fan of El Producto but it's alright.
>>
>>60650487
electricity is best
>>
>>60648655
this is a good one to cop
if you're a spotify pleb, be sure to download a proper release from somewhere, since there are a lot of versions (like the spotify one) that have samples removed and songs edited
>>
>>60650975
uhh 2nd part of this reply was meant for the general reader, not the post that was linked, in case that wasn't obvious
>>
Remember that fake avalanche leak a while back that was actually good
>>
File: 1434302808818.png (845 KB, 668x1300) Image search: [Google]
1434302808818.png
845 KB, 668x1300
>>60648642

So can we agree it's a 10?
>>
>>60651057
no
>>
N E W
A V A L A N C H E S
W H E N
>>
>>60651057
OP here, thanks I was searching for that image earlier and I couldn't find it.
>>
>>60651103

From Wikipedia:

Second album[edit]
The Avalanches have been working on their second album since at least 2005. Seltmann had said that after starting out as "ambient world music", the record was returning to more of a "party" sound. In August 2006, Modular Recordings issued a press release stating "it's sounding like everything we dared not hope for, and so much more. They've made the record of their lives basically".[20] This was in response to a joke email which had reached the music press, in which Modular claimed it had rejected The Avalanches' new album.[21] In January 2007, the band stated via its website that roughly 40 tracks were being considered: "it's so fuckin' party you will die, much more hip hop than you might expect, and while there is still no accurate estimated time of arrival, we're sure you're gonna love it when it arrives. ... it's ended up sounding like the next logical step to since, we just had to go around in a big circle to get back to where we belong. and one day when you least expect it you'll wake up and the sample fairy will have left it under your pillow".[22] Subsequent announcements were made of the album's release, however, it has not appeared.[23]
>>
>>60651183

In July 2011 shortly after Since I Left You had been announced No. 9 in the Triple J Hottest 100 Australian Albums of All Time, The Avalanches posted on their Facebook "Thanks to all who voted. Tune in now to hear Robbie speak about the making of Since I Left You on triple j. Info on new Avalanches material to follow shortly". The Avalanches later announced that Since I Left You would be re-released as a deluxe edition, which would include the original album as well as B-sides, remixes and several unreleased tracks. By December, the band's Twitter page had released lyrics to a new song, "The Stepkids", but the second album's title and exact released date were not confirmed.[23] In January 2012, American musician Jennifer Herrema revealed that she had worked with The Avalanches on the album.[24] In March 2012, American rapper Danny Brown confirmed that he was working with the group on a track entitled "Frank Sinatra".[25] A collaboration with American recording artist Ariel Pink has also been confirmed.[26] On 21 August 2012, a demo of a new track entitled "A Cowboy Overflow of the Heart" was released. The song features American musician David Berman reading a poem he composed over music by The Avalanches.[27] In September 2013, The Avalanches released a remix of Hunters & Collectors' first single "Talking to a Stranger".[28]

In February 2014, it was revealed that Darren Seltmann was no longer a member of the group, with Modular Recordings stating "officially the band is Robbie Chater and Tony Di Blasi right now".[29] In regard to the group's second album, Modular also stated "Album sounds awesome, but there's no dates or anything planned. The official line is 'stay tuned.'"[29] In a June 2014 interview, Jennifer Herrema mentioned Robbie Chater wrote to her stating "their album was gonna be done in three weeks".[30] The band's official Facebook page was later updated in 2015, listing James Dela Cruz as a member of the band once again.[31]
>>
>>60651057
I think it's a 10, but that's just my [trigger warning] opinion
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.