[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does nobody talk about him here?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: gabreil.jpg (13 KB, 400x363) Image search: [Google]
gabreil.jpg
13 KB, 400x363
Why does nobody talk about him here?
>>
Because obviously you're new
>>
>>60637304
What are youy fucjkign tryig to say? my hands are fucking shaking right now to figure out what the fuck
>>
>>60637288
He's awesome. Made great music in Genesis and as a solo artist, and is an all-around dope human being.
>>
passion is a work of tremendous beauty
>>
File: st 1980.jpg (22 KB, 316x315) Image search: [Google]
st 1980.jpg
22 KB, 316x315
>>60637313
There are threads about early Genesis and Peter Gabriel all the time. Just yesterday we were discussing which of his solo albums was our favorite. The general consensus seemed to be pic related:

Calm down bro
>>
File: toomuchtape.jpg (27 KB, 300x440) Image search: [Google]
toomuchtape.jpg
27 KB, 300x440
He created Genesis. He pranced around on stage dressed as a giant flower. He then went solo, transcended prog rock and became a mainstream star without sacrificing his creativity and experimental sound. The guy founded WOMAD and a bunch of Human Rights groups. He's a living legend.

/mu/ sadly hasn't fully realized that.

My personal favorite album of his is Peter Gabriel (1982)
>>
That album is poppy as fuck but I love it

SLEDGEHAMMAH
>>
>>60637288
us is underrated
>>
>>60638730

Tony Levin's basslines in Sledgehammer are absolutely god-tier.
>>
fucking love everything he does

So is in my top 10 albums
>>
>>60640139
Absolutely love So but I think I might like IV more. I love the whole tribal drums shit that he has going on.
>>
File: security.png (251 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
security.png
251 KB, 500x500
underrated album coming through
>>
Because he keeps make shitty rehash albums and hasn't done anything knew since Up, which was pretty good except for a couple tracks.
>>
One of the greatest songwriters of the 80s and one of the few ones who could actually pull off a new age album without the corny element.
>>
PG3 > PG4 > So > Up > PG1 > Us > PG2
>>
Do you like Peter Gabriel? I’ve been a big Genesis fan right up until the release of their 1980 album, Duke. After that, I really didn’t understand any of their work. Too simple, too commercial. It was on Nursery Cryme where Peter Gabriel’s presence became more apparent. I think Selling England By the Pound was the group’s undisputed masterpiece. It’s an epic anthem of the British people. At the same time, it deepens and enriches the meaning of the preceding three albums. Listen to the brilliant ensemble playing of Gabriel, Banks, Collins, Hackett and Rutherford. You can practically hear every nuance of every instrument. In terms of lyrical craftsmanship, the sheer songwriting, this album hits a new peak of professionalism. Take the lyrics to The Battle of Epping Forest. In this song, Peter Gabriel addresses the problems of violence, abuse of power, decadence and leaders uncaring of their people. I Know What I Like is the most moving pop song of the 1970s, about contented lack of ambition. The song is extremely uplifting. Their lyrics are as positive and affirmative as anything I’ve heard in rock.
>>
>>60640200
YES! There's a half hour making of documentary on youtube, it's really fucking interesting

Peter used a sampler with a "touchscreen" interface in FUCKING 1982
>>
>>60642039
Change PG1 and Up and it's my list
>>
>>60642039
So > Car > Melt > Scratch > Up > Security > Us
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.