[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So now that last.fm has been shitty for a little while, what
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
So now that last.fm has been shitty for a little while, what do those of you who still use it think about the site? What keeps you there rather than jumping ship in anger?

Discuss.
>>
I like to keep a record of what I've been listening to
>>
stopped using it because i stopped giving a shit about chronicling my listening habits.
>>
File: infidels.jpg (232 KB, 585x883) Image search: [Google]
infidels.jpg
232 KB, 585x883
I've been using it since 2013 and even though the new site is fucking ugly, I have a Chrome extension that scrobbles music I'm listening to to Last.fm

Mostly I use it to remind myself I'm alive
>>
>>60636620
This basically. Honestly, I only visit the site a few times a year, anyway, so it doesn't really matter to me. And to be honest, I don't even know what the backlash is about. Like, I know they redesigned the site, but that's about the extent of my knowledge of it. I just let it scrobble in the background and don't really care.
>>
Old habits die hard.
I've used last.fm since 2009 and just casually hit f5 on the site ever 15-30min when I'm on my pc.
>>
>>60636620
this
every now and then i go back into my library or whatever it's called and look at what i listened to at a certain point in time. like, i can go back and look at what i listened to in 9th grade which is pretty cool
>>
Does anyone else use last.fm to look up obscure artists to read their lastfm bio to get to know them a little more? If a artist doesn't have a wiki page then I can never find out anything about them from google, and even if I could it's pretty easy to just see their artist page on lastfm real quick.
>>
They brought the Dev API back... kinda
>>
They destroyed recs. I won't be back until they fix them.
>>
>>60638566
yeah
occasionally i try to create wikis for obscure artists that i really like in the hope that somebody will appreciate a collected place of information
>>
>>60639096
i always found the rec system to be pretty garbage, it was always easier to just look in the similar artists section
>>
File: 1438052183284.jpg (30 KB, 228x239) Image search: [Google]
1438052183284.jpg
30 KB, 228x239
>>60636600
I only used it because of the music player and it had a good radio that wasn't complete shit like Pandora and had actual good and occasionally obscure shit that was pretty neat to find. Now that they got rid of the web based player I don't even feel like going back there. Is the radio still up or is that site almost entirely made for faggots who circlejerk over music taste now?
>>
>>60639432
nah the radio's been dead for ages
now it's just a 'playback bar' which just sources it's audio from either spotify or youtube
>>
>>60639463
What's even the point of keeping the site alive then. Also what happened to all the music that was uploaded to last.fm only? Is it just gone forever now?
>>
>>60639106
You're doing good work, anon.
>>
>>60639106
I appreciate obscure musicians who actually have bios, thanks.
>>
i only really use it for tapmusic
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.