[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Radiohead
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 2
File: ME WHY.jpg (135 KB, 768x960) Image search: [Google]
ME WHY.jpg
135 KB, 768x960
What is the best song that Radiohead has /mu/ ?
If you don't like Radiohead, explain why.

Also, how far do you fall on this chart? I've sadly landed as a solid Abomination.
>>
I barely hit Level 5 with Free Jazz and Third Stream. Usually stay away from the other stuff although I've listened to some Musique Concrete before.
>>
In Limbo

"Real Music"
>>
>>60634527
Musique concrete is pretty cool. What's really landed me in 5 is Power Electronics/Noise though. I dabble with Lowercase though...
>>
It's seriously not funny to pretend to love Radiohead anymore.

Especially since most of you hipsters act like you hate mainstream bands yet you idolize one of the biggest pop-rock bands of the last 12 years.

Not to mention their pseudo-experimentalism is childish at best and generally pretentious and awful.

It's no better than Coldplay or Three Days Grace.

Every 15 year old's first pseudo-intellectual favourite band is Radiohead. Sadly, they're not talented and Thom's voice is awful and generally they're boring and plebeian.

Enjoy your Babby's first experimental-pop-rock band, kiddies. The adults will be over there away from this awful unfunny memeband.
>>
Karma Police

Trip hop is love, trip hop is life.
>>
You and Whose Army?
getting into ERROR atm
>>
I'm mostly in lvl 3-4, but dip into 5 at points
>>
>best radiohead song
Pyramid Song

>where do i fall
roughtly 4.5, however i disagree with gregorian chant being at level 5, imo it belongs in level 4.
>>
>>60634555
I can't imagine trying to "pretend" to like a band... I like them, because for me they are a break from all the other shit I listen to. They are my downtime music.
>>
Made it all the way to the bottom with sound sculpture.

How do I go deeper guys?
>>
>>60634826
rec me some essential sound sculpture
>>
never liked radiohead. dunno why, just not my thing.

i'm at level not found
>>
I love the song Kid A (it is my favorite album of theirs too.)

I'm a level 4.5 I guess since I have some minimal and drone albums but don't listen to them very often.
>>
Packt Like Sardines in a Crushd Tin Box.

I've barely reached Level Not Found by dabbling in some Musique Concrete; would love some sound sculpture recs.
>>
>>60634486
Level Not Found here

Also, my fav has to be Pulk/Pull Revolving Doors
>>
>>60634486
Gregorian chant is some of the most basic stuff from the Western musical tradition's past. It should go on the same level as Romantic music tbqh.

That third level tho
>Folk Vaporwave
>>
>alternitive
>>
>>60634486
New Complexity and Musique Concrete are not that avant garde, though.
>>
>idioteque
>>
best radiohead song: there, there

i fall around 3.5
>>
i dont like radiohead

i'm at about a 4.5

i listen to free jazz and gregorian chant sometimes, concrete every once in a while, and a lot of stuff in level three
>>
I will seriously cry from joy when Thom finally dies
>>
File: 235d.jpg (22 KB, 248x318) Image search: [Google]
235d.jpg
22 KB, 248x318
>differentiating shoegaze and blackgaze on such a general scale
>>
>No Surprises
>4.5
>>
>>60634486
Surprised. Strong level 5. Gregorian Chant, avant-death, noise, drone.

Sunn O))) is lovely, and my brother just turned me on to Gregorian Chant.
>>
>>60634486
I used to really like them, but now not so much. I still enjoy Kid A and In Rainbows, but don't listen to them often at all.

I stay mostly in Level Three, and listen to a lot of Four.

Also, how is chiptune "patrician?" It's a genre everyone listened to when they played pokemon when they were six. Same with post punk, post rock, black metal, shoegaze, IDM, experimental, and Avant-Garde. Not unpopular or unknown at all.
>>
>Reckoner
>Level Not Found
>>
>>60634555
Please die
>>
>>60634851
not that person but os gemeos' exhibition in the museum of contemporary art a few years ago was dank
>>
>>60634486
Error 372, and I guess Radiohead has some fine tunes.
>>
>>60634851
Tod Dockstader
>>
>>60635268
They were when they debuted, though. Musique Concrete goes back to the 40's, only being beat by 20's futurist / dadaist composition.
>>
>>60635669
i second dockstader, he's made a lot of good shit
>>
>>60635611
if i give you my address will you come kill me i am too scared to do it myself
>>
>>60635811
Don't joke about that shit faggot my dad has a gun I can kill you any time, any place.
>>
>>60635853
im not joking
>>
>>60634486
How is death metal and chiptune in the patrician section
>>
>>60634555
You didn't actually give any criticisms. You were just spouting memes.

Radiohead is a great band, popuality has nothing to do with weather they are great or not.
>>
>>60634555
this is bait but ill be damned if OK Computer isnt the be all and end all of alt rock

and Kid A
im mainly in level 3 and 4, but ive enjoyed noise and minimalism before
>>
>>60634486
Putting Ketchup In The Fridge
>>
>>60634604
>>60635611
>>60636779
>>60638338

lurk more
>>
Level 1 and 2. I actually enjoy dancing to music, as well as socializing and not being weird af, so house techno and dubstep is me. Occasionally vapor wave but I think that's also level 2.
>>
reckoner is pretty much the culmination of radiohead's work. i don't know if it's the best, but it's probably the most significant
>>
>>60634486
I'm squarely in level 5-6

I'm amazed at how accessible the "deep" level is on this chart. I mean, musique concrete? Really? I didn't realize playing around with tape loops made you some kind of obscure god.
>>
>>60639612

also, level not found.
>>
>>60639711
Also, Life in a Glasshouse
>>
>shoegaze
>math rock
>patrician
Somewhere in between outcast and abomination

Jigsaw Falling Into Place
>>
>>60639711
True tho.
>>
>>60634486

by the way anyone who's ever gotten seriously into RDJ's work is automatically a deep "level 5" (by that chart) as he pretty frequently wanders outside of just/equal temperaments
>>
>>60634486
id say Idioteque or everything is in its right place, but im an electronic-fag
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.