[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Worth checking out?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
Worth checking out?
>>
yeah but it's not their best
>>
>>60630780
how about you decide for yoruself you dumb faggot fucking retard

go to rym, fantano, p4k, scaruffi, etc... they're all more viable opinions than /mu/ you stupid fucking idiot
>>
no, it's crescendo-core garbage, anyone who likes GYBE doesn't know shit about rock music
>>
>>60630824
>unironically recommending p4k or memetano
kill yourself
>>
Almost all music is worth checking out.
>>
>>60630845
they're both garbage but their opinions are infinitely more reliable than the 14-18 year olds of this board
>>
Pretty meh other than Mladic
Btw does anyone know where the album art comes from? I feel like i've seen it somewhere
>>
yes family but start earlier with skinny fists or f#a#
>>
>>60630845
Both usually give a lot of insight into music theory and history to put the music they review in context, and they do it pretty well IMO. Fantano's reviews are pretty entertaining too, what's your complaint about them?
>>
>>60630829
>GYBE
>rock

The only thing post-rock and rock have in common are the instruments m80. Think before you post next time

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post-rock
(some basic reading to help you in the future)
>>
We Drift > Mladic
>>
Way better than that release they put out that everyone forgot about.
Its probably their most intense album
>>
>>60630780
dunno man that house looks pretty sketchy
>>
>>60632227
T H I S
B
H
>>
>>60630795
this
>>
>>60632227
We Drift is the only song on the album worth listening to.
>>
>>60630829
>implying Godspeed is rock music
>>
>>60630780
mladic is easily top 3
>>
>>60630780
Mladic is probably their masterpiece. It is Glenn Branca with crescendos, eastern influences, and a fuck ton of anger and emotion.

>>60632227
>>60632652
>>60633320
Fucking. How. We Drift is one of the most forgettable tracks in their career. I could see impressionable kids liking We Drift because of its climax, but in reality it is comparably dull and unoriginal when held up against the rest of their catalog.
>>
>>60633813
How can you listen to a song like that and boil it down to just the climax? I mean, the back and forth guitar and string solos, the tremolo tonal harmonies from their three guitar parts, the suspenseful drum and baseline keeping everything contingent; We Drift showcases all of their compositional talents come together and build off of each other. It's a fucking masterpiece.
>>
File: thankyoubolan.png (1 MB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
thankyoubolan.png
1 MB, 1000x1000
>>60630780
F#A#∞
>>
>>60630829
Legit an idiot
>>
>>60633813
We Drift is my favorite of their discog
>maybe providence
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.