[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>playing an instrument that's literally inaudible on
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 5
>playing an instrument that's literally inaudible on 90% of rock albums

why do people do this? why not just let a black man put his BBC directly into your wife's vagina because it's effectively the same thing
>>
because its fun
>>
nice ears mEn
>>
I know what you mean. I wonder if bassists even learn their parts because nobody would notice they screwed up or not.
>>
>>60626073
Bass is only inaudible in glam rock and pop rock most of the time. Otherwise, it's usually very present in most recordings

In punk (and all its associated genres), funk, soul, etc. it's an essential instruments
>>
>>60626073
>why do people do this? why not just let a black man put his BBC directly into your wife's vagina because it's effectively the same thing
wut
>>
a lot of the rock I listen to has completely audible bass.
>>
>>60626110
*instrument
>>
>>60626110
>>60626122
not everyone wants to listen to Primus all day
>>
>>60626154
>Primus is the only rock band with audible bass
>rock either has inaudible bass or bass that is the main focal element
you're dumb
>>
>rock music

literally who cares
>>
>>60626194
most people
>>
>>60626154
Well it's not just Primus. Just off the top of my head:

>Can
>Drive Like Jehu
>Polvo
>Sly And The Family Stone
>Morphine
>The Jesus Lizard
>Talking Heads
>Al Green
>Funkadelic

And so many more
Bass is there for a reason, at least from what I've seen
>>
>>60626208
Not really tho
>>
>>60626211
also
>King Crimson
>Yes
>Rush
>Gong
>Captain Beefheart
>Big Black
>Cream
>Black Sabbath
>>
>>60626208
>most people

literally who cares
>>
>>60626251
Yeah I know I missed a ton but I was just giving the examples that came first
Oh, and Joy Division too

Point is, bass is incredibly important
>>
>>60626233
yes really, you fucking moron
>>
>>60626179
the joke

---------------------------

you're head
>>
>>60626274
aren't jokes usually funny? even a little?
>>
listen to thrash, then you understand...
>>
>>60626073
Bait anybody...
>>
>>60626272
Ok, gramps
>>
>>60626365
>I only listen to REAL music. Kanye West, FKA Twigs, Kendrick Lamar, Beyonce, Earl Sweatshirt, Flying Lotus, The Weeknd, DOOM, Drake, Beyonce, Deangelo, the list goes on
>*white person sees a cracker* white person "same" desu. literally same. literally me every day of my life bae. um, good job white people.
>I follow pop culture.
>I watch the grammys. I watch the VMAs. I love live tweeting about both
>I listen to both mainstream music AND indie! I'm a new breed of cultured
>I love tweeting about the NBA. Did you all see the NBA All Star game? Check out this meme of a NBA star! he be like
>Beyonce be like
>Jay-Z be like
>Nicki Minaj be like
>KENDRICKS NEW SINGLE JUST DROPPED FUCK.
>Yeezy season approaching
>Check out this meme I made, it references Drake and a new movie that just came out
>Bae. Keep calm and smoke a blunt. Emojis. I embrace memes and trends. But post-ironically.
>Ironic 90s nostalgia t-shirts bae
>um white people fucked up again. like, good job everyone. great job society. baka desu
>WOW. I want my girlfriend to hear Deangelos voice while we have sex.
>People of Colour >>>> White People. boohoo white people, youre life is sooo tough. redirect to /pol/
>pitchfork.com, stereogum, tumblr, instagram, jezebel, nba.com, grantland, I'm in the know
>>I ALSO LISTEN TO SWANS THO. IM CULTURED THO.
>I EMBRACE THIS GENERATION!!!
>#readyforhillary #orblackcanidate #stopwhitepeople #tbhcrew
>>
>>60626400
this whole post is literally just white noise

go to bed grandpa
>>
File: theyallbelittle.gif (910 KB, 250x188) Image search: [Google]
theyallbelittle.gif
910 KB, 250x188
>>60626422
>damage control
>>
ITT: i trul u xD
>>
>>60626470
trolling isn't a thing anymore
>>
File: 54325476431.jpg (232 KB, 1441x883) Image search: [Google]
54325476431.jpg
232 KB, 1441x883
>>60626400
>>60626443
Making assumptions makes you look really dumb, most of the time.
>>
>>60626529
>HE ACTUALLY THOUGHT THIS GUY WAS ME, ON AN ANONYMOUS IMAGEBOARD!!!!! XD WHAT A DUMB ASS!!!
you aren't very smart.
>>
>>60626569
You're getting very emotional right now.
>>
>>60626589
incorrect. is this what you've been reduced to? I think I am going to leave now. bye loser.
>>
>>60626211
>>60626251
>>60626268
you guys just name-dropped all of the best rock bands ever. bass confirmed for god-tier
>>
>>60626211
OP = demolished
>>
File: roland-jupiter-8-706884.jpg (4 MB, 4608x3456) Image search: [Google]
roland-jupiter-8-706884.jpg
4 MB, 4608x3456
>play synthesizer in a synth pop group
>other members want to merge with a local hard rock/metal band
>will never be heard again

why do bad things happen to good synthesists
>>
>>60626803
that synth is pretty
>>
>>60626803
Just start making ambient
>>
bass is incredibly important

any rock music that's actually good has audible bass
>>
>>60626828
>implying anyone would go to a gig to listen to ambient
I'll just find a bassist and pander to the indie music scene here
>>
>>60626803
i would do a lot of things to get a jupiter
>>
>>60626803
maan i've been there. metal/rock guitarists are the worst kind of people. it's like they always in a who can be the loudest battle with everyone else. it's literally like they're all deaf and have to play loud not to mention they never listen to anyone else
>>
>>60626947
you can get the 6 for only 2k, or a prophet 600/Juno 106 for $1k or $600 if you don't really want two envelopes
>>60626950
I'm pretty sure they're just all deaf from masturbating to how loud theiramps go all day. I met the main dude and you pretty much have to yell for him to notice anything at all
>>
>>60626803
Get a fuzz pedal and throw it into your signal chain
Honestly I almost prefer heavily distorted synths to heavily distorted guitars
>>
>>60627075
same here with the two guitarists i play with. and the worst thing about is that when you actually get them to level their amps so that everything can be heard clearly they just jack it up after 10 minutes. it's like they can't help it. maybe because the rock guitarist mentality im not sure
>>
>>60627198
In my case, our drummer is dumb as wood and just beats the everloving shit out of the drumkit so I usually have no choice but to crank it up
Though we're a noise rock band anyways so I guess that's par for the course
>>
>>60626828
Ambient is a dime a dozen though, and making ambient with analog synths is really pointless at this point.
>>60627075
The prophet has a completely different sound than anything Roland, and the 60/106 lack more than just 2 envelopes.
>>
>>60627198
desu I'm a guitar player and I hate when the other guitarist I play with does that

fucking hellhe even asks me every fucking time "why son't you turn your amp up? I don't wanna turn mine doen"

I swear I'm gonna fucking punch him
>>
>>60626924
Or you can make synth-gaze
>>
File: mfw (17).jpg (102 KB, 630x704) Image search: [Google]
mfw (17).jpg
102 KB, 630x704
>>
>>60627142
I respect my tone too much for that
plus my fingers don't reach far enough for the interesting harmonics guitarists can get through distortion. I've considered a gentle tube drive, however.
>>60627198
I think they get worried that people won't hear them in particular in the mix, and they all want to be famous rock guitarists so they've got to make sure they stand out in the mix. Or something like that. I do love a good guitarist who isn't trying to make our ears bleed.
>>60627235
I don't actually have much problem with drummers usually. Give them a pair of headphones that's feeding their mics into their ears and they'll quickly hear how bad it sounds when they hit as hard as they can all the time.
>>60627270
In my experience the envelope was the biggest difference programming the two synths. Given that I usually use the second oscillator as a modulator. I'm not much of one for multi-osc sounds on a poly synth. And splitting is great, but when you're left with 3 voices on either side it's not as useful as you'd like. You can get two 106's recently serviced and use them dual-manual style for less than a Jupiter 6.
>>60627372
I just wouldn't enjoy that.
>>60627274
>You want to tell him that you respect the audible integrity of your sound and everyone's hearing but you'd look like the asshole
>>
I now play for a professional big band in San Diego. Cam here for the first time since 2013 and I am just now realizing how much cancer this place is.
>>
>>60627948
What do you enjoy than?
>>
>>60626803
just go for that deep purple sound bro it can work
>>
Bass is as important as all of the other tracks. Imagine what any rock song would sound like without it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiomcuNlVjk
>>
>>60628251
Something that people will listen to
>>
>>60629136
People listen to almost anything. If you're looking to be popular or famous, than music isn't for you.
>>
>>60626647
this guy gets it
>>
>>60626400
This pasta will never not make me laugh.
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.