[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't get it.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5
File: 3patrician5me.jpg (2 MB, 1408x1433) Image search: [Google]
3patrician5me.jpg
2 MB, 1408x1433
I don't get it.
>>
Shitposting wont help to change that. Just listen more or give up senpai
>>
File: imgres.jpg (8 KB, 160x159) Image search: [Google]
imgres.jpg
8 KB, 160x159
I don't get it
>>
just listen to one side over and over until you get it, and don't try to take it all in at once just focus on a single groove at a time
>>
>>60625628
FAST AND BULBOUS
>>
I get it, I don't like it, and I'm okay with that. Being patrician is giving these albums a chance, not being a drone about liking everything that's mu-core.
>>
>>60625916
what

hahaha giving them a chance ha ha
>>
>>60625916
no, you don't get it
>>
>>60625938
You okay there, buddy?
>>
>>60625954
yea

what about you, little worm
>>
>>60625941
>no u don't
>yes I do
Let's see how far we can take this, anon.
>>
>>60625971
How about no
>>
If you don't like it, then don't fucking listen to it. Stop wasting your time on music you don't like

You know if you gave it a fair chance and that should be enough. Or do you need big brother /mu/'s approval on everything?
>>
>>60625977
Whoosh
>>
>>60625971
you obviously don't get it, if you did you would probably like it (and even if you didn't like it you would at least be able to give some good reasons why)
>>
File: donkeyredible.png (209 KB, 301x377) Image search: [Google]
donkeyredible.png
209 KB, 301x377
>>60625970
>>
>>60625916
>I get it
what do you get?
>>
>>60625992
>not giving reasons = not being able to give reasons
>drones being drones
Or I can not parrot the same sentiments that show up every time this is posted. Personal taste, guys. Personal taste.
>>
>>60626031
why do you squirm

it seems futile
>>
File: morphincredc.jpg (10 KB, 300x333) Image search: [Google]
morphincredc.jpg
10 KB, 300x333
>>60626054
>>
>>60626038
you still haven't give any valid reasons why you don't like it
>>
>>60626038
so what is it you get about trout mask replica?
>>
>>60626032
That drones on this board get so offended when someone doesn't like their Scaruffi-approved sounds they demand justification. Embarrassing.
>>
>>60626076
The plebs on this board get so offended when someone makes fun of them for finding a critically acclaimed album too challenging.

Back to your Radiohead buddy.
>>
Since I've really got you guys squirming here is the crux of it all: Just because I do not like listening to the album in my free time does NOT mean I think it is in any way a BAD album. I think it is a GREAT album, it is just NOT FOR ME. I do not seek avant-garde music often, but when I do, I would rather listen to John Zorn or something.

In other words, lower your pitchforks, drones.
>>
>>60626076
no, i don't mean that.

it was more of an question as in what is it that you get about the album itself? what do you think the album achieved with its existence (not the influence)? also, did it manage do achieve "it" successfully?
>>
>>60626124
faggot
>>
>>60626097
More like drones get buttmad when there isn't universal appeal for a known weird album. It isn't about "getting it" at all. It's about taste, all of which you guys have. You know those genres you find yourself going back to again and again? Kinda like that. Wow! Mind-blowing! Truly!
>>
>>60626157
just give it a few more listens ;)
>>
>>60626157
>there isn't universal appeal for a known weird album
the lyrics on most songs appeal to humans

did you not hear the lyrics very good?

i would suggest listening to it through headphones.
>>
I totally get this album but I just think it's shit. And it's people who don't actually get are the ones who like it.
This is a fact.
>>
>>60626127
Not going to give you an analysis because you asked for it, but sure, if people in this decade are still fighting about TMR on music forums, it was obviously super successful in finding an audience.
>>
>>60626191
>I totally get this album
where do you get it?

i don't own it, but i would like to have it. they don't have it in my town, and i don't have an i-card or whatever. although, since you think it's shit, i might not even search for it. why didn't you like it?
-alex
>>
Don't take it too seriously. It's actually a pretty fun album. Just enjoy it, don't look for things that aren't there.
>>
>>60625876
That's right, the mascara snake...fast n bulbous! And also a tin teardrop...
>>
>>60626219
>if people in this decade are still fighting about TMR on music forums, it was obviously super successful in finding an audience.
what are you trying to say? englishe is not my first languege, can you be more to the core?
>>
>>60626173
What part of I don't like it do you not understand?
>>
>>60626245
Not my job to assimilate you.
>>
File: Wayne_Campbell.jpg (54 KB, 468x700) Image search: [Google]
Wayne_Campbell.jpg
54 KB, 468x700
>>60625628

Tfw have Safe as Milk on vinyl
>>
So is this album good?
>>
>>60626277
what's your job then? you are already assimilating me, though. that's like taking an abandoned baby and throwing it away again.
>>
>>60626221
pls repsond
i'm low on the internet on my college
-alex
>>
>>60626294
Yes. Will you enjoy it? Maybe. But don't let the drones on this board know I told you!
>>
>>60626294
it's considered by many critics as one of the best rock albums of all time, so yeah
>>
>>60626309
I design solar cells.
>>
>>60626351
that sounds nice. lots of sun, eh?:)

did you graduate electrical engineering or something like that?
>>
>>60626377
Last year of undergrad. Got lucky doing this as a senior design project. It's been pretty fun :)
>>
>>60626377
And yes, I'm studying electrical engineering.
>>
>>60625628
It's a bush recording
>>
>>60626411
thanks for the reply, that sounds awesome. you must be a great student:)
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.