[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do liberal white guilt hipsters get mad when they have to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4
File: eminem-rap-god-music-video-01.jpg (231 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
eminem-rap-god-music-video-01.jpg
231 KB, 960x540
Why do liberal white guilt hipsters get mad when they have to deal with the fact that Eminem is a top contender for best rapper ever?
>>
maybe because every album (aside from Relapse) since Eminem Show has been shit
>>
becuase of how he was brought up, being poor as fuck in detroit, he's as black as anyone else desu
>>
>>60623248
his rapping on this track in particular is god awful
>>
>>60623248
>he doesn't think infinite is his best

pleb
>>
>>60623297
trailer park trash tries to be AZ: the album
>>
Because his production is shit

Seriously, MMLP is a perfect example of a "classic" hip hop album that has aged like absolute shit.
>>
>>60623279
>literal trailer trash
>>
>>60623314
>his production is shit
this means nothing, you trendy fuck. A good tune is a good tune, music doesn't 'age'.
>>
>>60623351
it does when it sounds like it was made using tin cans
the manchild with mommy issues yelling over it doesn't help either
>>
File: 1426802634422.png (308 KB, 521x351) Image search: [Google]
1426802634422.png
308 KB, 521x351
>>60623248
You can't be top contender if half of your discography is garbage.

Pic related, Ugly Mane is an actual contender.
>>
>>60623351
Tell that to Madchester, Swing Music, New Wave, Miami Bass, aaaaaand G-Funk.

All these genres have good tunes, but they've aged pretty badly and they're very much a product of the era they're in. There's very little 'timeless' music, imo.
>>
>>60623260
Relapse wasn't good either, way to much bullshit on there.
>>
>>60623373
lel
The album is perfectly well-engineered, did you get your copy on Limewire?
>>
>>60623297
Infinite is one of his worst, it's generic as hell and the beats are terrible. The only positives are Em's flow and some good lyrics. If it wasn't an eminem album it would have been forgotten years ago.
>>
Let's get this shit straight:
SSLP 1
MMLP 1
Eminem Show
MMLP 2

these are the only decent ones
>>
>Speed of rapping = quality of Song
>>
>>60623426
MMLP2 aint good
>>
>>60623351
Except Eminem never made "tunes".
>>
>>60623248
Maybe of the decade, or the 2000's onward. Sometimes I don't really understand how Eminem got the success he has. I mean, the man is so clearly insane, so obviously suffers from borderline personality disorder, and his face is goofy as fuck on the thumbnails of videoclips and shit. He had one million gay ass tracks with female choruses that everyone hates, and some real SHIT albums, but still, he sits there as the one who sold most than everyone else. He has a flow, you can't deny that. He has the advantage of being found by Dr. Dre, and it's obvious that most of us listened to some of his shit when we were edgy teenagers, but nowadays I can't quite get into him anymore. I feel like the retarded beefs, the gigantic amount of shit tracks, and the shit albums outnumber the good ones.
>>
>>60623444
I agree but it's the best thing he put out after Eminem Show, including Relapse which seems to be getting a fair bit of praise lately.
>>
File: 1373281463274.png (9 KB, 360x206) Image search: [Google]
1373281463274.png
9 KB, 360x206
>>60623248
>Eminem is a top contender for best rapper ever?
>>
>>60623248
apolitical here: eminem is shit
>>
>>60623434
>the only eminem song I ever heard was rap god
>everytime I listen to a fast flow I think of Eminem, and don't even remember Busta Rhymes, Twista, Tech N9ne or Big Pun
>I think that the only characteristic a person has when they are compared to Eminem is speed, and not layed fat production and similar voice and flow
>>
remember when this happened
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgZVZE5USl4
>If you watch the anticon 20th anniversary video dose will tell you that he asked Eminem for his tape after the 99 battle as I guess, your tight let's hook up and when he played the tape everything from the battles was on the tape so he wasn't freestyling. The folks who listened to Eminem won't have a clue about def jux,mush,rse or anticon I'll stick with dose.
>>60623392
production in hip-hop means something different than production in other genres. production in this case means the beats, which are terrible.
>>
>>60623413
wrong
>>
>>60623571
Why is it wrong though? The beats are garbage, worse than usual at least cause Em has never been great at picking beats and it's clearly trying to sound like other rappers who were better. The lyrics are fine same with his flows but nothing else about it is good.
>>
File: smackthat.png (182 KB, 589x338) Image search: [Google]
smackthat.png
182 KB, 589x338
Best Eminem verse coming through

>TRYNA HOLD MY WOODIE BACK
>>
>>60623426
Replace MMLP2 with Recovery
>>
Let's get this shit straight

Infinite
SSLP
MMLP

nothing else was good
>>
>>60623686
>Infinite
>Good
>>
>>60623386
Holy shit look at this pleb
>>
>>60623686
infinite is terrible
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.