[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Idea Thread / Musician Support Group
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 10
File: cd.png (1 MB, 1155x1073) Image search: [Google]
cd.png
1 MB, 1155x1073
I'm sick of talking about musical legends, because all I want in my life is to BE a musical legend.

How can we get somewhere /mu/? We can't simply waste our time, we have to come up with ideas.

What do you have? I am here for you. Just be yourself. Share your thoughts with me.
>>
>>60620419
I put delayed guitar with reverb over beats with even more reverb

I mean, if you need that I can do it
>>
File: Luna and Chrishop 8.png (102 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
Luna and Chrishop 8.png
102 KB, 1600x1200
I don't know if these threads are allowed.

But if you are in here, just vent, or brainstorm.
>>
File: raining here.jpg (225 KB, 1275x713) Image search: [Google]
raining here.jpg
225 KB, 1275x713
>>60620448
What are you trying to achieve? What audience reaction? What is the impression you want to give off to people?

Where can i hear an example?
>>
>>60620477
>What are you trying to achieve?
I guess a kind of mix of melancholy and hope, if I had to sum it up in simple terms

>Impression?
None, really. I simply make music as a form of emotional catharsis and productive utilization of said emotions

>Example
https://soundcloud.com/abelian-1
Here, if you feel so inclined
>>
>>60620419
/mu/ makes albums all the time
>>
>>60620419
How do I motivate myself to practice more? I have a fuckton of tabs on my laptop that I yet to learn.
>>
File: today is a good day.jpg (101 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
today is a good day.jpg
101 KB, 1600x1200
I'm buying a projector, I made an audio cartoon album. Going to project it all. I hope shit turns out innovative and amazing.

>>60620503
Not feeling inclined, I really wanted to hear it. I'm just asking exactly the questions I needed to absorb knowledge.

Honestly the link was pretty awesome in a way, no wonder you have so many followers.

How did you exactly do that? Do you go somewhere? Play out? Promote?

>>60620516
What? Individuals or actually 4chan does?

>>60620603
You have believe it "MUST be done or else you will die without reaching your goal".

That's what keeps me playing shows with my commercially flopping / hated music.

Also believing studying helps works too.
>>
>>60620603
Try learning a song a day
When you work by a schedule it's much easier to tackle larger tasks

>>60620516
>>60620651
Yeah The Meme Friends and InstallAFriend (as well as Hanging Dong) make albums from tracks /mu/tants make on occasion. It's pretty fun

>>60620651
Thank you, first off.
Second of all, I just promote in the Soundcloud/Bandcamp threads here. Never played live even once or promoted myself in the outside world
>>
>>60620680
>just promote in the Soundcloud/Bandcamp threads here
I'll start doing that, great idea.
>>
Uh, you get somewhere by actually doing something. Write some shit, make sure it's decent come up with a moniker and make some profiles. Email venues, play venues. /mu/ doesn't and shouldn't come close to the equation. You simply can't rely on the internet to get you started, there's far too much over saturation.
>>
File: NO DRAWINGS FOR CHRIS.jpg (850 KB, 1080x720) Image search: [Google]
NO DRAWINGS FOR CHRIS.jpg
850 KB, 1080x720
>>60620851
I like to try new things. This is just a new thing to me.

I need ideas, I need help. I need someone to give me some advice that will blow my mind.

I came on here, to give it a shot, see how others were feeling or if they could give me really good advice. See if i could meet people.

It's always worth a shot.
>>
Gosh. Why are you pushing it? I don't think you could make music very worthwhile if your intention is to "be a legend".

Let it flow naturally through you and use the instruments/sounds oyu like. Write as long as it's fun, and push yourself only with the boring stuff (distribution/mixing etc.)

Be honest and don't give a fuck about what others will think. "Becoming a legend" wouldn't be any different from doing music to get laid.
>>
File: the king of limbs.jpg (211 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
the king of limbs.jpg
211 KB, 1600x1200
>>60620965
All I really need to know is the boring stuff honestly.

I love what I do. I love myself. I don't care what other's think.

But I want to make a living off what I like making. Can you still be yourself and make a living? I need help figuring it out.

It's goddamn reality, I have no clue how earth runs, there is a million different opinions, i do what I want and I sadly naturally alienate people.

I basically need all the answers, so i can bend them in my own unique way.

I only want to be a legend because I want to live out my dreams. If I didn't have this dream, I wouldn't even ask for help.

I just want to be huge, doing what I find amazing. And i am crawling in the dark, because what i truely want, society isn't ready for it.
>>
File: step in my spit.png (113 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
step in my spit.png
113 KB, 1600x1200
THREAD DOESN'T HAVE TO BE ABOUT ME

PLEASE VENT IF YOU NEED SOMEONE TO TALK TO
>>
>>60621102
Jeez, man. Sounds exciting.

I can see why fame/money would be attractive as you're then able to work with other great people and you could basically spend all your time doing music, but fame isn't necessarily a great wway to communicate yourself.

Here's an interesting video about it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVDLAblwRQo

Not sure this is the question you want answered, and I'm not sure I even have an answer, but you ought to try appreciating "real", everyday life.

Do the music thing, but try and a passion from which you could make a steady living.
Remember: tomorrow never comes, and even if it did, it wouldn't play out as you'd imagine it.
>>
>>60621416
These videos make me rethink fucking everything!
>>
File: prismadoll.png (23 KB, 591x592) Image search: [Google]
prismadoll.png
23 KB, 591x592
>>60620419
Don't think too hard about this stuff, just try doing what feels natural pal. I take my sweet time making stuff and usually work behind the scenes... pic related...

I don't do this because I want to be a legend, I'm doing this because it's something I genuinely enjoy and want to do. Sampling is so fun for me; it's such an underrated form of making songs, I love it. You won't get too far if your intentions aren't from the wanting to do it.
>>
>>60621515
>800 files
jesus christ
>>
>>60621416
Holy shit. You fucking made me understand shit.
Thank you.
>>
File: catshop.png (95 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
catshop.png
95 KB, 1600x1200
I don't want this thread anymore.

This video just fucking explains why i'm an awful artist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rD1qKMgTnAE

Thanks to this anon
>>60621416
>>
>>60621571
Well I'm always happy so I guess that explains why I like stuff like Swans
>>
File: Photo on 11-25-15 at 4.31 AM #3.jpg (200 KB, 1080x720) Image search: [Google]
Photo on 11-25-15 at 4.31 AM #3.jpg
200 KB, 1080x720
>>60621881
Swans really bore me.

I seem to be a social outcast, so i seem to like extreme things.

It's good you like that stuff though.

Do you think Parliament Funkadelic are the result of George's childhood trauma?

Is your art trying to steal you away from reality like my art is?

Does childhood trama make good art?

What makes art good?

Why does the best art, sound the worst at sometimes?
>>
>>60621945
>Does childhood trama make good art?

It can, but I don't encourage people to purposely try going through trauma to enhance their art, nor do I wish anybody to experience serious trauma; especially not a child

I'm honestly not too sure where my creativity comes from. My childhood was fine, I've just always had a weird imagination. Sometimes I get ideas from dreams I have, sometimes I get ideas just by walking past somebody or something on the street that I found odd and base something off of that, it depends. It always helps to have friends who're into music or art who can give you feedback on whatever you've done before you release it to the public
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.