[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can someone explain to me why this band seems to get so much
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 5171pLwLtyL.jpg (44 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
5171pLwLtyL.jpg
44 KB, 500x500
Can someone explain to me why this band seems to get so much hate? I look at RYM or other similar sites and they get trashed for being pretentious or phony or entitled white music etc. I mean it's just a fun indie rock/pop album. Why so much controversy over it?
>>
>>60620102
It's garbage.
>>
>>60620102

Everything you described it as is exactly what it is and what they are.

>thought Holiday was a fun song
>try the record
>pretentious unlistenable hip bullshit

A million bands like that t b h family
>>
>>60620102
They have a tendency to be annoying as fuck
>Cousins
>Horchata
>>
>>60620102
i just dont think the songwriting is very good
i have nothing against fun music, but this band just lacks substance for me
i used to be a fan tho
>>
>>60620172
you listed two of their worst songs. horchata is absolutely terrible but they have so many other songs that have merit. a band making bad songs doesnt make them annoying, they just have a couple of outliers, with the two you listed being them. i love hannah hunt, giving up the gun, white sky, campus, m79, i stand corrected, and frankly a shitton more.
>>
I like em, the latest album had great Paul Simon vibes
>>
>>60620102

Honestly, I love this album. Every track is great even though the autotune Ezra used for "California English" wasn't a great choice. Regardless, it's a great album and I never get sick of the songs on it. I could go further in depth, but I don't really feel like it. :^)
>>
>>60620102
the problem I have with them is it's supposed to be fun indie rock, but it isn't fun. Listening to them honestly feels like a chore to me and I have no idea why. It's not complete shit, it's not overly boring, but it's not different enough sounding to be interesting. I don't really know how to explain it except they just feel like a dull chore to listen to
>>
>>60620252
Bitches don't even know about muh Walcott, Oxford Comma, Mansard Roof, Run..
>>
>>60620102
Because this is /mu/mblr and they hate them for cultural aproppiation.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.