[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why don't you listen to country, /mu/? It's an All
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 7
Why don't you listen to country, /mu/? It's an All American music written by men who worked the blue collar life.
>>
dude. ONE time i heard this amazing country song. it was just intense and the only lyric i can remember is "...just a tiny grain of sand...". does this resonate with anyone?
>>
File: 51EawpvEiLL.jpg (52 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
51EawpvEiLL.jpg
52 KB, 500x500
>'Yeah, I like country'
>>
>>60619523
I do though
>>
I like Johnny Cash. Is that Country?
>>
>>60619523
>not americlap
>not blue collar
>>
File: hl_7082_1_front.jpg (204 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
hl_7082_1_front.jpg
204 KB, 1200x1200
Sure
>>
>>60619559
as long as you're not a normie who only knows at folsom prison and le hurt cover
>>
>>60619568
youre still on this fucking website?
>>
>>60619577
witchy will be here till the day 4chan closes
>>
>>60619523
The problem is that half of the good modern country is labeled as americana or folk just bc the artist or industry doesn't want to be associated with country music culture. Neil Young for instance

I like country but not much from the past 30 years since musical progression and experimentation is not valued
>>
>>60619568
ayy, just checked the archive and you uploaded that album over a year ago and the links dead. Would you mind uploading it again? You have great taste so I like to try stuff you enjoy.
>>
>>60619570
>hurt cover

Most overrated Johnny Cash shit ever. There's better songs on that album than the Hurt cover.
>>
File: gunfighterballads.jpg (13 KB, 223x226) Image search: [Google]
gunfighterballads.jpg
13 KB, 223x226
>>
Are The Grateful Dead considered country? I always thought Workingman's Dead and American Beauty, plus certain songs off of Live Europe 72, Skull and Roses, Wake of The Flood, and Mars Hotel were country. Plus songs off of Go to Heaven, and In the Dark.
>>
Sons of Perdition are technically country. Weird Country. I'm also a pretty big fan of The New Riders of the Purple Sage.
>>
Rec me some good country, then
>>
File: jaymunly.jpg (50 KB, 500x496) Image search: [Google]
jaymunly.jpg
50 KB, 500x496
Canadians are good at making it
>>
>toxic patriarchy-core
>>
File: Jews.png (2 MB, 1094x859) Image search: [Google]
Jews.png
2 MB, 1094x859
>>60619699

since you brought up this album im going to just go

THIS ALBUM
Is THE MOST

GANGSTER
A
N
G
S
T
E
R album.

Each song, relatively unique melodically (tons of riffs in country are copy + paste,) while simultaneously SPITTING HOT FIRE

Some exerts that really touch a nigga

"Running Gun"
>Far behind lay Kansas City and the past that I had earned
>Twenty notches on my six gun, marked the lessons I had learned

>Many times I sold my fast gun for a place to lay my head
>Till the nights began to haunt me by the men that I left dead

>When a cold voice from the shadows told me not to turn around
>Said he knew about my fast gun, knew the price paid by the law
>Challenged by a bounty hunter, so I turned around to draw

>I knew someday I'd meet him, for his hand like lightning flashed
>My own gun stood in leather as his bullet tore its path
>As my strength was slowly fading, I could see him walk away
>And I knew that where I lie tonight, he too must lie some day

>Oh, please tell her, won't you, mister, that she's still the only one
>But a woman's love is wasted when she loves a running gun
>(Running gun, running gun)

Okay so, I don't know if youre keeping track but that is Proto-2Pac, and gathers many of my manly ass emotions, brah.

AND DONT GET ME STARTED ABOUT THE FUCKING BANGER BEFORE ITS TIME THAT IS

COOL WATER
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9JQkxu_ofE
>>
would be happy to listen to more (esp. 1945-1965), but the archive's a graveyard and torrents ain't my thing.
>>
>>60621505
get some carter family in ya
>>
>>60621539
for a second i thought you meant "carper family."

saw them last month and was pretty impressed.

will look into snagging some carter senpai though. thanks.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.