[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>there are plebs on this board RIGHT NOW who think Slint,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: sonic-youth-daydream-nation.jpg (25 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
sonic-youth-daydream-nation.jpg
25 KB, 500x500
>there are plebs on this board RIGHT NOW who think Slint, GY!BE and Swans are some of the greatest, most innovative bands of all time but write off pic related as "bland indie rock"
Embarrassing.
>>
>>60611459
great album
>>
>>60611459
>there are plebs on this board RIGHT NOW who think Slint, GY!BE and Swans are some of the greatest, most innovative bands of all time but write off pic related as "bland indie rock"
who
>>
>grouping slint and swans with gybe
dont do that
>>
>>60611509
le ^
>>
>>60611459
It is bland indie rock
>>
>>60611509
Swans>>>>Slint>GY!BE tbqhwyf
>>
>>60611459
>there are plebs on this board RIGHT NOW who think Slint, GY!BE and Swans are some of the greatest, most innovative bands of all time
Embarassing
>>
>>60611478
every /mu/-core ish thread has this consensus opinion
>>
>>60611459
Daydream Natio is bland indie rock, GY!BE is bland post-rock.
Swans and Slint are indeed some of the greatest bands of all time, but not the most innovative.
>>
>>60611459
But it's pure rock & roll
>>
I tried listening to it a few times and I just couldn't get into it.
>>
>>60611551
oman
>>
>>60611551
backwards
>>
>>60611551
SY >>>>> Slint >> Swans > GY!BE
>>
GY!BE>SY>>>>>>>Swans>Slint
>>
>>60611509
>>60611551
>>60611595
Swans are fucking garbage.
>rip off the same Black Flag song for four whole albums
>eventually get bored of it and start ripping off Joy Division and similar post-punk bands instead
>get bored of that and start ripping off Current 93
>decide it's time to release your "masterpiece", release a two-hour album with influence from all the bands you've ripped off so far with some Branca and Sonic Youth mixed in for good measure
>reform years later and release some more shitty crescendocore as if everyone hasn't forgotten about you already
Literally one of the worst bands of all time.
>>
>>60611940
Please kill yourself anytime
>>
>>60611940
bands don't have to be entirely original to be good
>>
>>60611940
Fix your hear, I can understand you not liking them, but they sound nothing alike the bands you mention.
>>
>>60611972
Fuck off Anthony.

>>60611979
But they do have to be good, which Swans aren't.
>>
>>60611459
But it's bland. It's not even so alternative in comparison to other albums like EVOL or Goo or Sister. Only 3 good songs - Eric's Trip, The Sprawl and Silver Rocket. And Providence is laughable.
>>
>>60611545
>>60611595
>>60612202
Protip: it went over your head
>>
>>60611648
listen to Evol, Bad Moon Rising or Confusion is Sex first. Those are better imo
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.