[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey guys. I haven't played guitar in a long time, but I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 36848913_1_l.jpg (19 KB, 650x267) Image search: [Google]
36848913_1_l.jpg
19 KB, 650x267
Hey guys. I haven't played guitar in a long time, but I want to pick it up again.
I have a Ibanez Gio (Left handed) and a Tenson Les Paul (also leftie ofc).
So..I have to pick one to give to the store for maintenance, but I can't decide.
I like the handling of the Tenson a bit more, but I read that they are basically shit.
Does anyone have experience with those?
>>
>>60610866
Sell both of them and get one guitar you really like
>>
I do like both of them. I can't afford a real Les Paul or a Hagström Viking at the moment anyways, and it's not like i can sell those two for a lot of money.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMWZ8pUFK6o
>>
>>60610866
Forget what you read, take care of the guitar you want to play more. What kind of maintenance does it need that you can't do yourself, anyway? If you say new strings, I'll cut you.
>>
>>60610866
fuck what you read, it really doesn't matter when you're learning. you can always repair the other one down the line or get a new guitar.
>>
It needs re..tuning(?) of the neck, because the first 2 threads always..eh..sorry my english is shit. Basically you can hear the strings scratching the neck, which sounds horrible.
I was told i shouldnt try that myself though, so I'ld rather not :P
The thing is just..if the pick ups are shit on the tenson, i dont want to put 70 euros into it and just go with the Ibanez.
If the quality is somewhat the same and it's more about preference than a difference in quality I'll go with teh Les Paul.

I just realized that I could look into stringing my Gibson SG for lefties (its a right handed one). Just have to deal with turning the nobs all the time ...
>>
>>60611341
lets be real. you dont give a shit what the pickups sound like and likely wont for a long time
>>
I know, but if it's complete shit on the Tenson (like a few different forums suggested) I'ld rather not sink money into it.
>>
>>60611690
like i said, it really wont matter
>>
Hm. What are your thoughts on restringing a right handed guitar for lefties?
Good idea or bad? I just know that I kept turning the nobs when I played standing up on my right handed fender..
>>
>>60611820
look up a youtube tutorial. its extremely easy when you know the proper way to do it
>>
Cool, will look into it! :D The SG IS fucking gorgeous..
Thanks for your input.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.