[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bands like New Order? What are some good 80's synthpop/new
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: Folder.jpg (5 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
Folder.jpg
5 KB, 200x200
Bands like New Order? What are some good 80's synthpop/new wave bands? My fav album from them is Brotherhood
>>
erasure
>>
>>60602793
Depeche Mode, of course.
>>
>>60602793
what did you think of the new album
>>
>>60602793
Severed Heads - Rotund for Success
>>
>>60602793

Metronomy
>>
Kraftwerk
>>
>>60602937
not op but I thought it was pretty good. plenty of replayability
>>
>>60602793
try also Ladytron
>>
File: 81re1DdrrYL._SL1400_.jpg (355 KB, 1400x1400) Image search: [Google]
81re1DdrrYL._SL1400_.jpg
355 KB, 1400x1400
>>
>>60602927
>>60603737
>>60603768
>>60604280
nope

>>60604295
yep
>>
>>60604325
nope, what? not similar to new order or not as good as new order?
>>
>>60604295
that's one of the most 80s album covers i've ever seen
>>
>>60604393
OP asked for good 80s synthpop or new wave acts. Only applicable band of the bunch is Depeche Mode but they're pretty cringe IMO.
>>
>>60604429
>Depeche Mode but they're pretty cringe
Maybe their earlier stuff. But try anything since A Great Reward and you'll see the difference.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIOTWfoQaU0
>>
>>60604429
>OP asked for good 80s synthpop or new wave acts.
That was the second question. The first one was:
>Bands like New Order?
>>
>>60602793
Here's my list:
Electronic (side project of New Order)
The Other Two (side project of New Order)
Monaco (side project of New Order)
Joy Division (obviously; like a darker New Order)
Depeche Mode
Kraftwerk
Cut Copy
Ladytron
Holy Ghost!
Ashbury Heights
Pet Shop Boys
OMD
Yazoo
The Cure
Tears For Fears
Yellow Magic Orchestra
The Human League
Ultravox
Simple Minds
Camouflage
Mesh
Wire (middle era)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GbhMxw4Hlo
>>
Can't believe that no ones mentioned the GOAT synthpop group, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark
>>
>>60604855
Mentioned already (as OMD) >>60604543 Great group, but not quite on the same level as Kraftwerk or Depeche Mode.
>>
>>60604898
didnt notice that,
i can understand that you would rate kraftwerk over omd tho. they're bretty gud aswell
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDIYOiQUi2s
This is my favourite synthpop track, but if you like the 80's sound, don't be afraid to check out stuff like tears for fears or daryl hall and john oates.
>>
>>60604977
It's a pleasant song, but I prefer more energetic synthpop: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTTwlAT_AwU
>>
>>60604476
You right, I'm just being a dick. In that case, avoid Metronomy. They are a decent group but are more alternative dance than anything.
>>
>>60604977
Souvenir is by far the best thing OMD ever did, such a great song. Dazzle Ships is pretty underrated too IMO
>>
A Flock of Seagulls
>>
>>60602793
if you like jangly new order more than synthy new order

pauline murray and the invisible girls

their s/t was produced by martin hannett
>>
>>60607599
cont.

they seem to have predated the musical style the smiths would later pursue
>>
Carmody - A Better Spider.
Go check it out, a bit more dark-wave than New Order though
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.