[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
anyone got an ambient chart? i really want to get into it but
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: band name.png (11 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
band name.png
11 KB, 800x800
anyone got an ambient chart? i really want to get into it but i've only really listened to SOTL

also ambient thread i guess
>>
brian eno
>>
>>60601372
celer
>>
>>60601442
holy shit there's so much, where do i start?
>>60601385
i'm assuming music for airports from a bit of cursory googling, that about right?
>>
>>60601477
For Eno's ambient, his 4-part ambient series, Harold Budd stuff, and Fripp & Eno stuff is where to start.

Celer has a lot of stuff, but start with Continents or something. Honestly the quality of much of Celer is questionable.

Also check out:
Steve Roach (Dreamtime Return, Structures from Silence)
Windy & Carl (Antarctica, Depths, Consciousness)
Harold Budd (Lovely Thunder, White Arcades, Pavillion of Dreams)
>>
I highly recommend Jefre-Cantu Ledesma, Love Is A Stream is my personal favorite from him but A Year With 13 Moons is often recommended and it's fantastic as well. Ecka Liena is another similar to him if you find that you enjoy that style of ambient. They're sort of ambient/noise I suppose, different from Stars of the Lid with their ambient/drone/neoclassical, but give it a shot.
Fennel is really nice too, all of it's free on bandcamp. Gorgeous neoclassical/ambient played over various field recordings. Check out Resuming the Trail if you're interested.
Tim Hecker is another that is often recommended just as Eno is, I've only heard one of his albums though so I can't really suggest where to begin there.
>>
>>60601372
>>60602330

With Tim Hecker you should probably begin with Harmony in Ultraviolet. If you want more traditional ambient you can start with his debut album 'Haunt Me, Haunt Me Do It Again' or 'Radio Amor'.
>>
>>60601372
you are listening to the good shit

you are going to get recommended meme trash like tim hecker or james ferraro or lopatin, ignore these kinds of recs

you will want to try a winged victory for the sullen (features a guy from SOTL), brian eno, steve roach, some iannis xenakis (mainly diamorphoses), la monte young
>>
>>60601372
>>60602207
>>60602330
>>60602390
All good rec's. Recommend evening star by Fripp and eno, windy and Carl's consciousness, and one of the best ambient albums ever Gas Pop
>>60602645
By meme trash do you mean vapor wave? Because Tim Hecker is fantastic, OPN is more ambient/glitch and Ferraro only had that one album people spam
>>
Jesus, just read the sticky
>>
File: screenshot-12kmusic bandcamp.png (4 MB, 821x3403) Image search: [Google]
screenshot-12kmusic bandcamp.png
4 MB, 821x3403
Dumping from previous /amb/ generals.

1/?
>>
File: 1446483872712.jpg (3 MB, 2500x3164) Image search: [Google]
1446483872712.jpg
3 MB, 2500x3164
2/?
>>
File: 1446481771484.jpg (4 MB, 2600x4400) Image search: [Google]
1446481771484.jpg
4 MB, 2600x4400
3/3
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.