[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: albums to hate myself to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5
File: file.png (120 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
file.png
120 KB, 300x300
ITT: albums to hate myself to
>>
stop jerking off
start exercising
start eating right
get something productive to do
get a job
>>
get keked s︂︂m︂h t︂b︂︂h f︂︂a︂m
>>
>>60598931
you first
>>
>>60598931
you should be a therapist
>>
>>60598931
fuck this, this shit is for pussy. Just do more drugs instead.
>>
>>60598947
I already do all of these things. Seriously, trust me on this. I'm trying to help you. I used to be very depressed too but a few lifestyle changes really helped me, I think they can help you too.
>>
>>60598931
>stop jerking off
roflaughinging
>>
>>60598979
;_; i just wanted album recs not life advice
>>
>>60598931
>just b yourself bro! stop letting the internet take control of your life!
>>
File: GIles corey.png (383 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
GIles corey.png
383 KB, 500x500
>>60598931
I see that this is good advise. But I'd rather live in self pity.
>>
>>60598979
Will this advice get me a girlfriend?
>>
>>60599001
Lou Reed - Magic and Loss senpai
>>
>>60599011
No, it's not easy. Especially stopping jerking off, that's really really hard I wont pretend otherwise.
>>
>>60599070
why would you stop jerking off though? nofappers gtfo.
>>
>>60598931
if this is your advice on getting out of depression and not hating yourself, then you probably felt neither to begin with

I'm tired of this pseudo-motivational culture. It's bullshit. Cool you're happy, I'm happy for you. But the advice you've given has been repeated a thousand times and it doesn't help some people.

You have no story. You have no triumph. You've just improved you're already okay life.

Please stop trying to force some "motivational" shit out of it
>>
>>60599158
same senpai
>>
>>60598931
Its not working,
>>
>>60599107
true senpai
>>
>>60599158
if you are depressed you should really be exercising though. It didn't fix me but it's just scientific fact that exercising makes you feel better. I'm feeling like I'm slipping again so I've started exercising again to try and combat that.
If you don't already I'd really recommend it, it's not a miracle cure but it should help.

I get what you mean though.
>>
>>60599244
whenever i go on walks or try and exercise i want to kill myself even more
>>
>>60599158
I also felt like this about similar advice given to me in the past, it's a natural reaction probably. Trust me, I was not in a good place. In all likelihood I was much worse-off than you are. At the worst period I didn't go outside or speak to anyone I know for around six to eight months. I was living off welfare and noodles in a communal flat. I was abusing alcohol on essentially a daily basis, I dropped out of university even though I had worked very hard to get and had received a scholarship. I began even to no longer enjoy music, I was that caught up in basic mindless escapism I forgot how to enjoy it. I couldn't escape the notion that life was so meaningless, and achievement pointless - but I came to understand and accept that while these things are quite true, they are necessary for most people to actually enjoy the lives they are blessed with.

So I understand your cynicism, and I don't think this will work for everyone. Nevertheless, if you want to improve your life, I encourage you to at least try it for a year.
>>
>>60599268
Sorry to hear that man, I'm really struggling recently too.

I hope you find a way that works for you.
>>
>>60599340
imnot even out of highschool and i cant do this anymore ugh. what are albums for this feel tho
>>
>>60599367
nirvana - nevermind
check out their song "smells like teen spirit"
>>
>>60599367
>>60599404
"creep" by radiohead also really speaks to me
>>
>>60599367
Weezer - Pinkerton
>>
>>60598912
>i wouldn't need a hero if i wasn't such a zero
>>
>>60599451
just wondering but what about this was self hatey?
>>
>>60599464
that album (spiderland) i meant
>>
File: a2050850874_10.jpg (48 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
a2050850874_10.jpg
48 KB, 960x960
>>
>>60599316
not depression or self-hate at all, you just had a rough patch, you don't get what it's actually like.
>>
>>60598912
Great album btw
>>
>>60599316
Self Hatred and Depression isn't about lifestyle choices. There are rough patches then there's depression. Depression never leaves permanently. I have a job, a gf, play sport and party with the lads and despite having a good life, occasionally it still just hits.

It doesn't require you to slip slowly out of whatever you're doing. Robin Williams for example is a case of depression, literally loved by millions, permanent place in the zeitgeist, millions of dollars, happy family. Even though he has nothing really wrong in his life to the regular eye he committed suicide.
>>
>>60599680
Robin WIlliams was suffering from early parkinsons and dementia. He had a history of depression too, but don't say there was nothing wrong in his life.
>>
>>60599680
>>60599539
There is a recurring moment, between watching countless episodes of downloaded TV shows, drunk and high, alone, in a dark room. The episode ends, the screen becomes dark, and for a moment you can see your unhealthy pallid frame staring back at you. For a few moments you remember that you exist, and who you are. It only takes a few seconds to load up another episode and forget about it, but those fleeting moments add-up, and they are some of the worst I have ever experienced.

They are moments I have stayed awake all-night considering. They are moments which have left me unable to move from my bed in the mornings. They are moments which have left me considering suicide - something which I now know how to do cheaply and painlessly.

I was medicated for several years. I understand the difference between clinical depression and a "rough patch" quite well. It can be overcome, if the mind is strong, and rational.

Believe me or not, if I can't help you I can't help you. Depression has a LOT to do with lifestyle choices, and if you were living like I was, the cycle is only going to perpetuate itself.

Good luck.
>>
>>60599023
have you even checked the archive faggot?
>>
>>60599739
damn dude that's heavy
>>
>>60599746
No, will doing so get me a girlfriend?
>>
File: 1341317-1376405762.gif (45 KB, 137x130) Image search: [Google]
1341317-1376405762.gif
45 KB, 137x130
>>60599158
if this is your advice on getting in to happiness and not hating yourself, the you probably didn't feel neither to begin with

I'm tired of this pseudo-demotivational culture. It's bullshit. Cool you're sad, I'm sad for you. But the advice you've given has been repeated a thousand times and it doesn't help some people.

You have a story, you have a triumph. You've just worsened your already pathetic life.

Please stop trying to force some "demotivational" shit out of it

>tfw stupid kids squealing like pigs
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.