[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT, mediocre or poor albums that ended a Band or Musician's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 9
File: PearlJam-NoCode.jpg (55 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
PearlJam-NoCode.jpg
55 KB, 300x300
ITT, mediocre or poor albums that ended a Band or Musician's streak of really good albums and why.

Pearl Jam - No Code

Ten/Vs./Vitalogy were fucking amazing albums. Whatever the fired Dave Abbruzzese contributed to Pearl Jam, it was sorely missed on No Code. There are some good tracks on the album: Off He Goes, Lukin, and Habit are classic Pearl Jam tracks and are stood the test of time. The rest of the album is rather bland and this album started a series of decent, but not great albums from Pearl Jam. A decade later, the self-titled album came out and was really damn good, but that was the last great PJ album.
>>
No Code and Vitalogy are their best albums though.
>>
Marilyn Manson - Golden Age of Grotesque

/mu/ seems to either love or hate Manson, but Antichrist Superstar, Mechanical Animals, and Holy Wood were amazing (Portrait was ok, but was not nearly of the same caliber). Golden Age is a bland album that ranges from tired to boring. The following Manson albums were either good (High End of Low), Experimental (Eat me, Drink Me), Bland (Born Villain) and the recent Pale Emperor was actually really good. Nothing compares to his three best albums though.
>>
Pearl Jam is awful
I hate their drummer most of all, he does these funky beats that don't fit the songs at all.
>>
^--Sorry, forgot picture
>>
>>60594011
I seriously hope you don't mean Matt Cameron.
>>
>>60594101
Just looked it up, I'm referring to their first couple drummers. Especially the guy who drummed on Ten.
>>
>>60593912
No Code is good though.
>>
>>60593912
No Code is one of their best albums you plebian.
>>
>>60594000
I think Holy Wood was where he jumped the shark.
Portrait was gr8.
>>
File: 1441565021612[2].jpg (41 KB, 364x365) Image search: [Google]
1441565021612[2].jpg
41 KB, 364x365
>Ten/Vs./Vitalogy were fucking amazing albums.
>>
>>60594308
Well that's at least understandable. My biggest problem was always how the drums (and all of Ten for that matter) were produced rather than the beats themselves.

Matt Cameron though, he's one of the best drummers of that era.
>>
Off He Goes is Pearl Jam's best song.
>>
>>60593912
their letterman performance for this was a highlight for me

strongly disagree but close, it was their next album yield
>>
>>60594368
>I would let Cobain finish inside me.
>>
>>60594000

When you are suffering, know that I have betrayed you.
>>
>>60594405
Yea, on second thought it may have been Yield that started the series of shit PJ albums. No Code is far from their best though - and while Off He Goes is an amazing and top song, No Code is mostly bland.
>>
File: Daisy_(album).png (789 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Daisy_(album).png
789 KB, 600x600
Brand New - Daisy

Every BN album up to this just continued to improve Brand New. At the Bottom is the only track I ever listen to off this piece of shit.
>>
File: wild mood.jpg (18 KB, 220x220) Image search: [Google]
wild mood.jpg
18 KB, 220x220
id make the case for wish too but idk how you acutally follow up to disintegration
>>
Deftones - S/T

After hitting their peak with White Pony (in b4 MUH SATURDAY NITE WRIST) the Self-Titled album had a good opening and closing, but most of the album felt like filler. Diamond Eyes was amazing and SNW has some great moments, but nothing has hit how good the first 3 albums were.
>>
File: Deftones-selftitled_albumcover.jpg (56 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Deftones-selftitled_albumcover.jpg
56 KB, 300x300
^---FUCK forgot the image again.
>>
Guaranteed you'll always find this in the $1 CD bin
>>
File: mon.jpg (8 KB, 223x226) Image search: [Google]
mon.jpg
8 KB, 223x226
>>60595729
Forgot pic
>>
File: Tyler-The-Creator-Cherry-Bomb.jpg (52 KB, 560x560) Image search: [Google]
Tyler-The-Creator-Cherry-Bomb.jpg
52 KB, 560x560
Tyler the Creator - Cherry Bomb

I love Tyler, but goddamn did this album miss the mark. DeathCamp, Cherry Bomb (the song), and Buffalo are great, but the rest of the album just fails in comparison to Bastard, Goblin, and Wolf. It just fails period, it's a boring album.
>>
>>60595729
So every REM and Police album?
>>
The Prodigy - Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned.

After Music for a Jilted Generation and Fat of the Land, Prodigy shit out this turd. Jilted and FOTL were and are still top grade electronica and are both just amazing albums (Prodigy experience was good too). Outgunned just fails on almost every track and it's boring and repetitive. In 2009 Prodigy released Invaders Must Die which I thought was really damn good and then released The Day is my Enemy which was another pile of shit.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.