[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi /mu/ I invented a new genre of music called 'smokew
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5
File: mmooomm.png (478 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
mmooomm.png
478 KB, 500x500
Hi /mu/

I invented a new genre of music called 'smokewave'

It is my original concept inspired by nostalgia of the early 2010's and visuals are inspired by windows 7 and Adidas adverts.

Love you

https://soundcloud.com/urban-sultanate/rewind
>>
I think I'm gonna be sick
>>
>>60589358
this be better than sportswave
>>
so the *wave guy strikes again, do something original
>>
>>60589421
This is my original concept

Love you
>>
>>60589358
>reusing roman statues, windows memery, and song naming pattern
How about you invent a non-nostalgic genre.
>>
>>60589513
I very much love statues and memery ha.
I have never seen music use it before haha.

I love nostalgia haha - can you remember Modern Warfare 2 haha? Those were the times haha

Love you
>>
File: 1437184884948.jpg (38 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1437184884948.jpg
38 KB, 400x400
>#Vapor
>>
>>60589553
Thank you I have corrected my mistake

Love you
>>
File: 1448344307797.gif (2 MB, 438x363) Image search: [Google]
1448344307797.gif
2 MB, 438x363
>#Meme
>>
reminds me of the good old days at the memery
>>
File: Malevici06[1].jpg (85 KB, 820x820) Image search: [Google]
Malevici06[1].jpg
85 KB, 820x820
>>60589421
>do something original
not him
but lets try this.

this is (if I dont right) suprematism painting in a music form
First select the notes you will have in your song (A4, A5, A6 B4, C6,....)
Now to each one of those notes, select a volume, the instrument type that will play it and a lenght.
PS: There is no need to select the same lenght or same volume to each note (but you can if you want).

Make songs that use only those notes making sure each note follow their own characteristic, if you selected 1 second to a4, every time you play a4 you must play it with a duration of 1 second

*each note has a instrument type that can play it, this is instrument type not the exact instrumentist, so you can have 2 guitarrists that are allowed to play a4 on a song.
BUT those 2 guitarrists can have the same note being played at the same time by them
>>
>>60589707
>(if I dont right)
change to
(if I did it right)
>>
what the fuck does the 'wave' part in all these genres even mean
>>
>>60589794
It's 'evaw' spelled backwards.

Love you
>>
not the kind of think i would put to fall asleep..
>>
it's pretty cool but the drums are really annoying. if there was some variety within this whole thing I think it would be a decent song
>>
>>60589794
its just a alternative to using core.

wave is used in darkwave, coldwave, ethereal darkwave...
also it was used on those stuff, problably to saw it was a new wave (a trend) going on
>>
>>60589707
Wouldnt the entire band be allowed to use only one note on the entire song?

also you would need xenharmonics to make a song work if that is true,
>>
>>60589358
loving this meme
absolutely adore it
what a fantastic meme
great job
>>
>>60589358
> nostaliga
> 2010

anon are u litteraly 7 years old?
>>
>>60589794
"New Wave" was a given that name because it was a "new wave" of pop music, a departure form the heavily blues rock-focused 70s, with greater emphasis on punk and new instruments like synths.

From this spawned other genres that were very tangentially related to new wave: dark wave, ethereal wave, cold wave, etc.

The modern internet buzz revival of this is chillwave and vaporwave. Chillwave was literally given that name by bloggers, drawing off it being heavily 80s as well as chillout music.

Vaporwave was actually a moderately clever, if mostly joking term, a play on the word "vaporware" and the use of -wave as a genre suffix.

Then came a myriad of microgenres that also used that scheme, without any degree of cleverness. Some, like fatwave and sportswave, were clearly done on larks and knowingly sounded stupid. However, these get repeated and parroted and end up being used as actual terms instead of just permutations of vaporwave.

Clearly, OP is a lazy retard and is doing it because vaporwave has wave in it and everyone else did it.
>>
>>60590140
>was literally given that name
what kind of literally?
>>
File: radford___red_bus.jpg (549 KB, 1280x1056) Image search: [Google]
radford___red_bus.jpg
549 KB, 1280x1056
nightpool-neon.bandcamp.com/album/store-escapist

this is
>hawaiive

it's about making the ambiance to floating in a flooded shopping mall in order to find a legendary island with hawaiian girls on it and the album has to loop because the search is endless.

this is more original, s︂︂m︂h t︂b︂︂h f︂︂a︂m
>>
>>60590140
>>60589864
thanks family members
>>
>>60590272
literally literally
>>
>>60590272
Figuratively literally

Also OP nostalgia is a cancer
>>
>>60590272
mfw this kind of thread has a reason to exist.

I HATE NATURAL LANGUAGES
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.