[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey guys, I'm going to be covering a jazz music shift at
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
Hey guys, I'm going to be covering a jazz music shift at my radio station for about 4 hours tomorrow, I know absolutely no jazz music and nothing about the genre, and I was hoping you guys could give me some good recommendations. We have a huge ass selection of jazz music so the majority of what anyone mentions is probably in it.
>>
just loop the badbadnotgood discog f.am
>>
How'd you get a job there? And play some Creator Has a Master Plan
>>
>>60583514
I work general programming during the day and my friend usually runs the show, asked me to cover since he's leaving for thanksgiving.
>>
fuck - close your eyes and put it on dude
>>
>>60583514
Please no.

Start with some Clifford Brown
Then some Wayne Shorter
Bud Powell
Hank Mobley
Bill Evans
Woody Shaw
Andrew Hill
Gerry Mulligan
Curtis Fuller
Monk
Then finish off with some Return to Forever
>>
People might tell you to not play Albert Ayler but really you should exclusively play Albert Ayler
>>
>>60583550
I'm assuming you have to go to school for that? I'm very interested to work in the radio business i just wouldn't know where to start
>>
>>60583592
Do what this person says.
>>
>>60583679
I DJ'd at my university's radio station for a couple years and it was a volunteer gig. Nobody got paid. Well, I think some of the "managament" (all students) got paid like $50-100 a month.
A lot of the people who were most involved in the station were usually studying Communications. Journalism, Public Relations, things like that.

Dunno how many jobs there are left for working as a DJ. A lot of radio stations are done by computers now. It's sad.
>>
>>60583833
that's the exact situation we're in, executive staff members get payed that much and we're all comm majors
>>
>>60583833
That's depressing i would love to be a DJ or something like that
>>
>>60583592
tyvm
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.