[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
BOC
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 5
File: 61ur0dexIrL._SL1200_.jpg (96 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
61ur0dexIrL._SL1200_.jpg
96 KB, 1200x1200
>favorite ep track?
>favorite track that's less than 2 minutes?
>favorite track titles?
>did you like tomorrow's harvest? if not, what would you have changed?
>>
Don't have any of those
What are people's reasoning for not liking tomorrow's harvest?Scared of the reality we are killing the earth?
>>
File: Twoism-cover.jpg (126 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
Twoism-cover.jpg
126 KB, 900x900
>Favorite EP
Twoism
>2 min track
Sac from A Few Old Tunes. Really feel like they could have gone farther with it.
>Fav Title
Everything you do is a Balloon
>Tomorrows Harvest
It was okay, but I didn't really enjoy it nearly as much as the rest of their discography. But the first 5 seconds of the album is amazing.

>>63387472
>Scared of the reality we are killing the earth?
Yes
>>
>>63387472
I thought that album was more nihilistic than environmentally conscious. It's depressing as fuck to listen to alone
>>
Kid For Today

Audiotrack B6 (Random 35)

Everything You Do Is A Balloon

Yes
>>
Tomorrow's Harvest is better than TCH and MHTRTC but not as good as Geogaddi

I loved the theme and how well it was executed. Its also easily their most consistent end to end imo. Geogaddi is just better. One of my favorite albums ever. I still remember listening to it at 12:00 at night and then spending the rest of the night up watching documentaries about cults.
>>
>In a Beautiful Place Out in the Country
>Northern Plastics
>Chromakey Dreamcoat
>Yes, it grew on me
>>
> Turquoise Hexagon Sun (or Aquarius v3 if Peel Session Counts)
> Kaini Industries
> You Could Feel The Sky
> It grew on me as I realized it was a soundtrack to a movie we would never see
>>
Could someone id this (possibly boc) track for me?

>https://clyp.it/c4yqoknv

I recently downloaded campfire headphase from a mega folder from the archive but it seems to be a different album
I uploaded the track that's tagged as Chromakey Dreamcoat but clearly isn't
>>
>favorite ep track?
In a Beautiful Place Out in the Country

Olson (Uritual is also good but that's exactly 2 mins)

>favorite track titles?
An Eagle in Your Mind

>did you like tomorrow's harvest?
Yes, but I don't find myself listening to it as much as their earlier catalogue.
>>
>>63390584
I don't recognize this at all.

What are people's LP rankings?
Mine is Geogaddi > MHTRTC > TH > TCH
>>
>favourite ep track
tie between Basefree and Everything You Do is a Balloon
>favourite under 2 minutes track
Telepath
>favourite titles
I Saw Drones, Turquoise Hexagon Sun, Wildlife Analysis
>did you like TH?
yes, it is my favourite album by them

>>63390772
TH>Geogaddi=MHTRTC>TCH

that's not saying much though, i still believe TCH is a very solid album
>>
>>63387176
>>favorite ep track?
chromakey dreamcoat
>>favorite track that's less than 2 minutes?
ready lets go
>>favorite track titles?
A is to B as B is to C
>>did you like tomorrow's harvest? if not, what would you have changed?
nah i loved it since it got me into boc. no tracks stand out as much as they do in some of their more notable albums but as a complete album i still think it's pretty strong.
>>
>>63391203
Tch>geo>mhtrtc>th
>>
>>63387176
>>favorite ep track?
Amo Bishop Roden
>>favorite track that's less than 2 minutes?
Kaini Industries
>>favorite track titles?
BTFS
>>did you like tomorrow's harvest? if not, what would you have changed?
I liked it I guess, barely listen to it though. Same with Exai actually, I have a similar feeling about them, don't know what it is.
>>
>>63390584
Sounds like a fake to me, maybe it's Tycho or something.
>>
>>63387176
I have always liked Turquoise Hexagon Sun.

Music is Math is a great album. So is Geogaddi. I really liked Tomorrow's Harvest as well.

ROY G BIV used to be my absolute favorite by them though,.

Tomorrow's Harvest has some pretty cool song ideas, but I don't know that it compares to their earlier albums. I prefer their more gritty production. Tomorrow's Harvest, while amazing, had some pretty crystal clear production which I felt was a little odd for a BOC album.
>>
>>63391545
Fuck it's not called Music is Math, my pleb is showing. Sorry guys. I haven't listened to BOC's earlier albums since probably 2011 or 2012.
>>
>>63391545
>Tomorrow's Harvest, while amazing, had some pretty crystal clear production which I felt was a little odd for a BOC album.

really? i'm legit asking, because every time i listen to TH i feel like there is some subtle tape noise going on. i am a fan of production that intentionally avoids being crystal clear and i really like the production in that album aswell as in their older albums, so i always assumed they all had similar production.
>>
>>63391649
I guess I do kinda see what you mean about tape saturation on some of the more quiet and pulsing parts of the album. I don't know man, I honestly probably have no business in this thread being that I haven't listened to BOC in so long. But Tomorrow's Harvest is still a great album.
>>
>>63391649
BOC gave TH a vhs type sound
>>
>>63387176
>Favorite EP track
Kid For Today
>Favorite track <2 minutes
Olson or Original Nlogax or Melissa Juice
>Favorite track titles
You Could Feel the Sky
>Tomorrow's Harvest
It was mediocre largely due to it sounding very overproduced, especially in the percussion. A good example of this is Jacquard Causeway, the first half of the track is great and then they fucked it up with that really out of place orchestral synth that sounds like a shitty DAW preset.
>>
>>63387176
>favorite ep track?
kids for today
The Smallest Weird Number
>favorite track titles?
Satellite Anthem Icarus
It's not terrible, but like others say, it's not as good as their earlier works. I also didn't like how much it basically sounded like they listened to the Deus Ex: Human Revolution soundtrack once and tried to make it sound just like it
>>
>>63391830
>Melissa Juice
I forgot how nice this one is. Also Nova Scotia Robots is p. cool.
>>
>>63387176
>favorite ep track?
In a Beautiful Place out in the Country
Over the Horizon Radar
>favorite track titles?
Music is Math
I enjoyed it but I don't have much desire to listen to it as often as the rest of their discography
>>
>favorite ep track?
Amo Bishop Roden
Blueberry
>favorite track titles?
A is to B as B is to C
2dramatic4me. My favorite BoC material is Geogaddi and its warm sounds and TH is the complete opposite of it.
>>
>>63391516
I just don't know why anyone would tag it like the boc album and then put in in a boc folder where all the other albums are perfectly normal
>>
>>63390584
Sounds like a mediocre attempt at replicating BoC's sound in FL Studio using overly-clean sounding sample packs and dicking around with presets, don't recognize it at all but it could very easily be in the hoard of shitty ripoff stuff you can find on soundcloud
>>
>>63387176
Remember when BoC was on the /mu/core chart? Those were the days.

If any of y'all live in the UK you should come out to the Twoism BoC meetup this year--one of the most fun and geeky experiences of my entire life. I flew in from the US to go so y'all can definitely make some time to hang with BoC fans of all types and ages, everyone at the meetup is such a great person
>>
>>63392558
>Blueberry
Yeah this one's great
>>
>>63393917
I'm pretty sure BoC is still in the newest /mu/core chart, with Geogaddi being in the second tier and MHtRtC being in the last tier.
>>
>>63393444
People do weird shit sometimes lol. I once got a plaid album where the first minute of the first track was replaced by a biosphere track. Also a Susumu Yokota track in Confield lol.
>>
How do you guys feel about Campfire Headphase? I think it's overlooked in comparison to their first two. I absolutely love the warm guitar sounds they introduced. They really add a lot to the way the album sounds and feels. I'd actually say it's tied with MHTRTC for my second favorite BOC release, the first being Geogaddi.
>>
>>63387176
>Balloon
>Skimming Stones
>Dawn Chorus,Pete Standing Alone,Smokes Quantity
>>
>>63393917
Well that's a relief to hear. In a perfect world /mu/core would just be MHTRTC and Laughing Stock, then id be content

>>63394329
Way overlooked! An amazing album start to finish, definitely some lowkey tracks but even those ones (slow this bird down, hey saturday sun) are still mega lush and have their charms and affects.

The mixing and environmental 3D depth of Campfire is fucking top notch, few albums transport me to other places like that one can--psychedelic in the true sense of the word since listening to different zones of the mix can reward you with completely different arrangements/melodies/themes/etc., kinda like the best aural equivalent of the 'Cocktail Party Effect' (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cocktail_party_effect if u dont know)

In the same vein of TCH's underratedness, it's completely criminal that Odd Nosdam's solo albums aren't more well known and loved by all those who appreciate emotional psychedelic cerebral electronic music. Burner and Level Live Wires are on par with The Campfire Headphase 100%--if he had a brother to make music with, they probably could have made something just as good as Geogaddi and MHTRTC.

Everyone in this thread should know and love the guy, so get with it if you don't! Cmon now
>>
bump for the best band on the planet
>>
>>63394958
saving this thread just because BoC gives my life meaning
>>
>>63394749
I used to think Odd Nosdam was just the title of that remix lol.
>>
>>63396239
Well then I'm glad I posted : )

You gotta check him out, he's an absolute genius. Don't listen to his newest albums first tho, I'd say Burner or Level Live Wires or his albums with cLOUDDEAD. His music is so viscerally/cerebrally beautiful, and if you love BoC you'll love him--he's kinda like a hip hop fusion of Stars of the Lid, Boards of Canada, collage art and Mushrooms (but not at all kitschy, which those descriptors definitely read as).
>>
>>63394329
I like Campfire Headphase a lot. I'll admit that I prefer the tracks where the guitar is a little less predominant though (pretty much everything from '84 Pontiac Dream on). The back half is really strong imo.

Also, they should have included Macquarie Ridge in the official release. I sorta like it as a closer.
>>
>>63396871
ah man thanks for recommending this guy, loving the ambient-shoegaze combo
>>
What's the best track on TH?
>>
File: Boardsofcanadaacidmemories.jpg (12 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
Boardsofcanadaacidmemories.jpg
12 KB, 200x200
>favorite ep track?
Everything you do is a balloon
Rodox Video
>favorite track titles?
House of Abin' Adab, The smallest wierd number to name a couple
I like tomorrow's harvest

Also do any of you believe pic related to be true? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nxtpZ1lXaU
>>
>favorite ep track?
Amo Bishop Roden
Olson
>favorite track titles?
Hard one, I love BoCs song titles so much it's hard to pick a favorite. I'll just say Zoetrope even though it isn't an original title
I liked it, but it just isn't on par with their older discog. Can't really put my finger on exactly why though.

>>63398934
my favorite is Nothing Is Real, I love the synths
>>
>>63399299
oh didn't catch that it said titles and not singular title.

In that case Zoetrope, Music is Math, Dawn Chorus, Wildlife Analysis to name a few
>>
>>63399036
>Also do any of you believe pic related to be true?
Do you mean whether or not it exists or whether or not that clip is from it? I'd say yes for both. They've said that they have thousands of unreleased tracks so it would make sense for them to have made albums from them, and they've never denied the existence of such early work either. And the guy who uploaded the discog of their early works was pretty involved with Scottish electronic music then (he ended up starting Benbecula records I think) and if I remember correctly actually knows the Eoins. Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if he was a member of Hexagon Sun itself.
>>
We all think Scaruffi is full of shit when he implied that he heard the unearthed stuff, right?
>>
>>63399599
Of course. He also tried to claim he saw the new Star Wars before any press/review copies were sent out, it's pretty obvious the guy is bullshitting.
>>
>>63399599
What?
>>
>>63399684
His section on BoC has ratings and paragraphs on the unreleased albums as well as the released ones. Interestingly I think he liked (or claimed to at least) one of the unreleased ones the most out of their discography.
>>
Why the fuck have BoC not released most of their early work? What's in it for them? Will I ever get to hear it in my lifetime?
>>
>>63399599
lol yeah. he wrote this about play by numbers:

>but Play By Numbers (Music 70, 1994), with the 9-minute Infinite Lines Of Colourful Sevens, showcased a more creative approach.

which apparently was actually written by some other guy at jokey slut in 2000.
>http://bocpages.org/wiki/Play_by_Numbers
in fact, if you look in the web archive he didn't even have a review up for it a few years ago.
>>
>>63399799
apparently they want to save it for their kids or smth who knows lol
>>
>>63400450
Seems like a cop-out, to be honest. They might just not think it's any good - artists tend to lose perspective and "objectivity" when it comes to their early work.
>>
>>63401463
people change, anon
>>
>>63399810
Fuckin' Scaruffi
>>
File: 1431050325169.jpg (1 MB, 1772x1215) Image search: [Google]
1431050325169.jpg
1 MB, 1772x1215
>>63387176
>favorite ep?
in a beautiful place...
>fav track?
kid for today.... damn beautiful, also Amo bishop roden and everything else
>did you like tomorrow's harvest?
fuck yeah, perfect fora night-drive through the desert but i don't like palace posy, sounds like fucking skyward sword, like some desert dungeon
>>
>>63404066
how many hats/beanies do you reckon they own?
>>
>>63405623
at least a whole drawer of these
>>
>>63405647
slow this big bird down
>>
>>63406405
jej, didn't even think of that so much as I was the fuckton of sampling they've done from sesame street
>>
>>63406446
it's such a funny visual to think of them alone in their isolated cabin out in fuckin' nowhere, scotland watching old sesame eps like "hmm we should sample that"

what a life
>>
>>63406774
Not old episodes, seemingly just one that was documented in some wiki or magazine or some shit that has no known recording in existence that people can find
They're just watching the same old vhs of a forgotten episode where the children go to Noatak over and over again
>>
>>63406813
lol, of course
>>
>>63387176
>Amo Bishop Roden
>Melissa Juice
>Sunshine Recorder and Telephasic Workshop
>Yeah, it grew on me
>>
>>63394749
I would honestly love an entire album made by The Brothers and Nosdam. Hell, Boards and everyone from cLOUDDEAD making an album together would be a dream-come-true
>>
>>63407316
>there will never be a hazy lo-fi supergroup of BoC, cLOUDDEAD and Black Moth Super Rainbow
why even live
>>
>>63404066
Is that their studio?
>>
>>63394958
Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.