[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
NEW FOO FIGHTERS EP
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5
File: Saint Cecilia EP.jpg (549 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
Saint Cecilia EP.jpg
549 KB, 1500x1500
Who's listened to it? It's available for free on their website. Just downloaded it.
>>
It sounds like "Generic foo fighers songs" can't say that's a bad thing, since I like the foo fighters, but there's nothing too remarkable about it.

Savior Breath is nice, I like that mix of classic rock & roll with early punk.
>>
it sounds like everything else they've done in the past 5 years

it's not bad but i wish they would do something interesting
>>
Sounds good so far
>>
>>60576585
>Who's listened to it?
>Me
>It's available for free on their website
>I know
>Just downloaded it.
>Me too

I thought it was just as mundane as Sonic Highways but all the normies on Youtube seem to be fapping hard over it...go figure:P
>>
More generic trash that we've come to expect from FF
>>
>people actually discussing this

get off this board and don't come back
>>
>>60578493
this shake my head to be honest family
>>
i find it annoying how dave is all about old school attitudes as far as recording and mixing but all of the foo fighter releases sound like overproduced garbage.
>>
Honestly, this album rocks so much harder than Sonic Highways. The Foos are really showing that they've still got it :)
>>
>>60578542
Thats because hes a walking product. Appealing to dad rockers with his talk of "lets cut it live, on tape dude just like in the old days YEAH"

meanwhile the record company wouldnt dare let Dave actually cut a raw rock record on tape that isn't as polished and contrived as the latest radio ready 'rock' like mumford & sons, imagine dragons etc.

Dave's a walking contradiction
>>
File: 1448181838633.png (367 KB, 408x599) Image search: [Google]
1448181838633.png
367 KB, 408x599
>>60578593
>>
>>60578604
I agree his attitude is very annoying... but I sitll like his music a lot.
>>
Way better than Sonic Highways, though the last two songs aren't as good as the first three. Sean and Savior Breath are the kind of songs that they used to make when Dave didn't take things too seriously.

>>60578604
>meanwhile the record company wouldnt dare let Dave
He owns Roswell Records and has complete creative control over every aspect of the band.
>>
>>60578604
B-but Wasting Light was good...
>>
>>60579435
But it was a hit, and rock music isn't allowed to have those anymore without being shit on.
>>
It sounds like shit. Literally. Not because of the songwriting, but because the production and mixing is fucking terrible. But in saying that it's clear why these songs weren't on any albums they've worked on in the past, although I could have seen Saint Cecilia working on Sonic Highways.

>>60579392
I'll give you Iron Rooster being shit, but the Neverending Sigh might be the only good song on the EP. Sean and Savior Breath tries to ape their first album, but they suffered from over production.
>>
>>60579448
>the Neverending Sigh
The riff is great but the song is Three Days Grace-tier shite

>Sean and Savior Breath tries to ape their first album
You might as well say that about every Foo Fighters song then.

>over production
If you want to hear overproduced Foo Fighters, listen to their late 2000s stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omn47O93VVE

The production on the new songs isn't anything special but it's not horrible either
>>
>>60579392
Well that makes him even more of a contradiction imo. Why does he claim to be a rock purist and want to go back to 'pure' ways of recording etc, yet on his own accord put out car commercial ready overproduced trash?

I really enjoyed the Sonic Highways documentary, the bands he mentioned and the records they talked about are great.. but everytime a FF song came on I could imagine every one of those great artists cringing at being associated with Grohl.
>>
File: Pure pottery.png (14 KB, 670x88) Image search: [Google]
Pure pottery.png
14 KB, 670x88
>tfw this is what 99% of people actually believe
>>
>>60579495
>Why does he claim to be a rock purist and want to go back to 'pure' ways of recording etc,
There's nothing contradictory about it - the way Wasting Light was recorded was absolutely pure in the sense he was talking about. They rehearsed until they played the songs the best they could and then put it to tape. It's not like he said he was against overdubs or something.
>>
>>60579495
He doesn't do autotunes, he records analogue. It makes sense. I mean, you can say it's commercial stuff, and that's a fair point... but so is most of the stuff he claims are his influences. He was in Nirvana, mate, Nevermind is a record that's produced to shit and it's the definition of mainstream rock. Even Cobain admitted that. He is not being hypocritical, he's just aping things that are about as vapid and shallow as he is.
>>
>>60579495
>but everytime a FF song came on I could imagine every one of those great artists cringing at being associated with Grohl.
I think if they cringed at the thought of being associated with Grohl then they probably would have declined to be associated with him.
>>
>>60578493
>>60578505
Fuck off meme rap fans
>>
>>60576585
Not bad, not bad
>>
File: 1378683016114.png (173 KB, 396x382) Image search: [Google]
1378683016114.png
173 KB, 396x382
>>60576585
>>
>>60581592
>said the k-on! poster
>>
File: fedora_fail_14.jpg (22 KB, 480x600) Image search: [Google]
fedora_fail_14.jpg
22 KB, 480x600
>>60581838
>i watch intellectual anime like Ping Pong, Tatami Galaxy, or Kaiba not pleb shit
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.