[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is godspeed you black emperor! so overrated. I mean i see
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3
File: you know.jpg (8 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
you know.jpg
8 KB, 225x225
Why is godspeed you black emperor! so overrated. I mean i see the appeal and some songs are good but the build ups are really boring and overly drawn out to the point that its not enjoyable or engaging to listen to.
>>
Because music is subjective
>>
It is good
>>
It's accessible unchallenging music that people mistake for being inaccessible and challenging so they try really hard to like it
>>
>>60559470
I know how you feel, OP. As an avid listener of post-rock, I think GYBE is pretty mediocre.
>>
>>60559556
>avid listener of post-rock
kill yourself
>>
>>60559555
trips of truth
>>
>>60559470
because it's good
it's a really well made record with a almost perfect production

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-80PEYVeI4E
>>
Because:-

Pretentious Maximus Centurion!
>>
>>60559628
It's alright. There are much better post rock songs out there that are just as good while not being boring or feeling too drawn out and unengaging. Idk why you posted fantanos opinion about it
>>
>>60559670
you probably dont like drone/ambient/noise stuff, beucase there's no postrock like this before they did

post the better "song" (as if these were songs, dumb anon poster).

>"boring"
you literally are the new generations of music listeners, if you need 100% speed and fast crescendos just listen to explosion in the sky, 65daysofstatics and so and so on, bands that are literally a copy of a copy; doesnt really matter, but dont say that "there are better songs" as if they were of the same genre. They are not.

>woah dude I prefere bowies songs!
woah dude I prefere bowies songs!
>woah dude I prefere bowies songs!

You dont "have" to like it, but from an objective point of view they changed the music history and there's nothing you can do against it, because you get bored.
Im sorry if your attention span is short, I dont really care

>boring
boring
>>
>>60559742
I love drone and ambient and noise. My attention span isn't short i can pay attention to it, its just boring and im not going to pretend like its good just because everyone likes it, if that makes me a "new generation of music listener" then so be it.
>>
>>60559773
it's like not liking pizza. you are entitled to your opinion but at the same time you appear stupid

plus Im still waiting for ""songs"" that capture that end of the world feeling, with both crescendos, noise, drone, ambient and voice samples
>>
>>60559773
if someone like it, someone dislike it. it's music man just get by.
>>
>>60559807
Have a nice life, escape the day, swans, giley corey,
>>
>>60559807
Have a nice life, escape the day, swans, giles corey
>>
>>60559556
rec me some post rock if you're an "avid listener"
>>
>>60559807
oh and Stara Rzeka
>>
>>60559867
>>60559879
>literally bands from 10+ years later
ok dude
>>
File: 1446538777985.jpg (92 KB, 477x629) Image search: [Google]
1446538777985.jpg
92 KB, 477x629
>>60559556

rec me some post rock if you're an "avid listener"
>>
dud because they've got a message in their music
>>
>>60559881
>>60560310
Slint
>>
>>60561086
kek
>>
>>60561086
k
e
k
>>
>>60561086
Kek
>>
Idk but I like some of their work
>>
>>60561086
KEK
E
K
>>
>>60561167
>>60561129
>>60561118
>>60561105
samefag alert
kinda sad how desperate you are to insult someone on the internet
>>
>>60561192
those other three are the same guy though. pathetic
>>
>>60559495
this guy again
>>
>>60561086
K E K
E E
K K
>>
Because taste is subjective
>>
listen to it louder
>>
What the HELL is up with the coloring of your picture? It should look like cardboard, not a sewage treatment plant sign
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.