[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Initial thoughts on this? I know they're not well received
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: Saint-Cecilia-EP-560x560.jpg (75 KB, 560x560) Image search: [Google]
Saint-Cecilia-EP-560x560.jpg
75 KB, 560x560
Initial thoughts on this? I know they're not well received here but I thought the first track wasn't bad. Listening to the second one right now.
>>
Like Sonic Highways in the aspect that its foo fighters and does foo fighrters well but not great
>>
Not bad actually, better than half the stuff that was on Sonic Highways.
>>
>>60554722
Sonic Highways was bad for Foo Fighters though. That album was worthless. I really enjoyed wasting light too.
>>
Seeing as how it's a collection of songs they had laying around for fucking years, and I'm a huge fan, I'm glad this exists. Better than most of Sonic Highways.
>>
it's not bad. not sure if I'll want to listen to it more than a few times, though.
>>
Hahahahaha does anyone remember when they were first talking about Sonic Highways, Dave said something like "we could have done a really different record, like Radiohead or something, but we decided to back to our roots"

i was like: so you could have made a good record? ayy

Foo Fighters' sound for the past few records is just unbearable at this point to be perfectly honest. I mean I get that their a rock band but could they try and not make it sound like the most generic thing in the world?
>>
>>60555680
*they're
>>
>>60555693
I meant *there you little shit
>>
Eh, it's alright.

Nowhere near as good as Wasting Light (dat opening track), but eh. Better than Sonic Highways.
>>
>>60555680
That actually sounds pretty cool
I wish they would just ditch the guitars for at least one album and see how it goes
>>
>>60555680
>"we could have done a really different record, like Radiohead or something, but we decided to back to our roots"
He never mentioned Radiohead, he said they could have made a radically different album like The White Album, but he wanted the Foo Fighters to sound like Foo Fighters.
>>
Dudes give up on this band, sooooooooo many better 'rock' bands, don't settle for this
>>
>>60556407
>settle
Who's settling?

I listen to this band to hear songs that sound like this band

It's not the only thing I listen to
>>
>>60556391
"Now we have license to get weird. If we wanted, we could make some crazy, bleak Radiohead record and freak everyone out.’ Then I thought, "Fuck that" "

http://www.spin.com/2014/05/foo-fighters-dave-grohl-new-album-hbo-show-interview/
>>
>>60556496
I don't care lmao
>>
The thing that drew me to Dave Grohl's songwriting in the first place was his ability to craft clever vocal melodies over a catchy piece of music. Call me a pleb but I like(d) his music for the big hooks.
After hearing Sonic Highways I thought it spelled the end for Dave and his Foo's, and upon hearing this album I still hold little hope.
>>
>>60556581
>The thing that drew me to Dave Grohl's songwriting in the first place was his ability to craft clever vocal melodies over a catchy piece of music. Call me a pleb but I like(d) his music for the big hooks.
this desu
>>
>>60556581
Eh, I'm a big fan. And I didn't love Sonic Highways, but I enjoyed it overall, and even though it's not one of their best I'm still a big fan.
>>
>>60557311
You shouldn't approach this as a new record desu

It's 5 songs that they've had sitting in the back burner for 20 years that they finally recorded. I wouldn't really call it a follow up to the last album.
>>
>>60557343
>I wouldn't really call it a follow up to the last album.
But I mean, that's exactly what it is, and unfortunately it still follows the exact, mundane vein that Sonic highways did.
The only track that struck me on first listen was Savior Breath, for the simple fact that it didn't sound hideously over-produced like 99% of their new material, just too bad the track itself sounded like Foo Fighters trying to sound like a punky version of Metallica.
Might form a different opinion after a few more listens but it's all pretty boring thus far.
>>
>>60557579
If you read the liner notes, Dave seems pretty clear that they're going to take a big break from Foo Fighters. I'm hoping he does another record with Them Crooked Vultures and maybe something like a solo album where he doesn't feel like he needs to make a top 40 hit. Wasting Light was a great FF album because they took a long hiatus and a big step back to see where they were. Sonic Highways suffered because they were rushing and trying to make a TV show.
>>
>>60554637
The fact that you went right ahead and made a new post on /mu/ after listening to on track already tells me everything I need to know about it.
>>
>>60557621
>Wasting Light was a great FF album because they took a long hiatus and a big step back to see where they were.
Couldn't agree more, whereas SH just felt forced and lazily written. I hate to use words like "pleb", but it was such a fucking plebby, plastic album.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.