[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anyone entertained a devils advocate position on the TPP
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
Has anyone entertained a devils advocate position on the TPP in regards to making pirating stuff a way worse offense?

I know that the reason why art in general-
music, movies, entertainment aspects of art

has declined precisely because it is literally worthless now, you can get everything you want for free, artists who you should be paying make no money, the only thing left is shit that can be rammed down peoples throats by corporations or people with agendas fueled by politicized grants

the only art that has ever been worth anything to anyone is stuff that sells itself, presently nothing can sell because everyone just steals it

would you trade all your free stolen shit for a small collection of music you actually really cherish and stuff that gives you real feels because you made the effort to pay money for it?

(I think the only reason why fags whine about TPP is because it might mean they won't be able to download the latest game of thrones or deerhunter album, but this is probably better for everyone and art in general).
>>
The TPP is a meme. It will change nothing. Anyone buying into its scare tactics know literally nothing about networking.
>>
>>60552339
ok, what if there was something that would really put someone in jail or give them a huge fine to the point where not many people just DLed their stuff or listened to it on youtube
>>
>>60552339
Lets just hope your IT friends are right and know what they're doing for the future.
>>
>>60552389
idk who cares
>>60552408
Waste of time. You don't need to hope, it won't change anything. If you want to start worrying about copyright litigation now, you're about seven years late.
>>
>art in general - music, movies, entertainment aspects of art - has declined

stopped reading there. go back to classic rock vids on youtube, kiddo
>>
Art can only be pure when its worthless. I'm not anti capitalism, but I firmly believe this. An artist that is truly dedicated won't worry about the money.
>>
I download a lot of music from foreign countries or rare releases that would otherwise be impossible or nigh impossible to obtain in a totally legal form. What do you say to me?
>>
I'm not disagreeing, but what makes you think you have the right to make sweeping decisions about what society does through illegal means? Am I suppose to look at you like the internet peter pan or something similar? I am truly asking, I don't get how anonymous gave themselves authority to carry out things that shape the world in their own interests. It seems to all be well thought out, righteous shit, but it still puzzles me how it all came to be... not hating on their mission at all.
>>
>>60552531
Every minute spent creating art is money lost from not working. Artists who don't work and spend time creating art eventually can no longer continue their art because they can't feed themselves. Artist gets a job out of necessity, art output decreases
>>
>>60552531
thats what they teach you in faggot pinko commie school

all great works of art, the true masterpieces that put people in awe by themselves and not out of some trumped up art critic hype garbage were done for monetary means

Or in lesser stuff thats still very important like the Beatles or whatever, those guys could scrape by when they were unknown and eventually build up. There are many artists who are well known making basically zero money now and they get sick of it and disappear before being able to develop.

>>60552482
you can't honestly not see the degradation in appreciation of art in all its forms over the past decade. Its real. It's because its all truly meaningless to everyone, it fills no voids in anyone.
>>
>>60552611
>It's because its all truly meaningless to everyone, it fills no voids in anyone.

wrong. Either you don't give a shit about art and you're projecting, or you want to feel like you're the last one who does. Either way you're spouting bullshit, kiddo.
>>
>>60552279

if you think thats the only reason people whine about it.
then im calling you a chronic fucking retard
>>
>>60552645
your just threatened

its like theres 2 kids, ones poor and ones rich, they both want to start playing guitar. rich kids parents goes and buys 10 les pauls for their son. Poor kid has to go mow lawns for an entire summer just to buy a piece of shit at the five and dime

who actually appreciates playing guitar after that?

the rich kid thinks its neat for a little while and then forgets, poor kid plays till his fingers bled was the summer of 69
>>
>>60552746
>plays till his fingers bled was the summer of 69

see >>60552482
>go back to classic rock vids on youtube, kiddo
>>
>>60552786
you will never get the real feel
>>
>>60552595
have you ever heard the term "starving artist"? Im always surprised by how dense/selfish other aspiring musicians are regarding money.
>>60552611
if you want to make money be an accountant. I have no interest in trying to crumble capitalism, I have no interest in rebellion or trying to form a new world order. my expression runs parralel to the world I exist in.
>>
>>60552815
lmao

let me add something to your shitty analogy

>3rd kid is forced by his parents to learn how to play violin from the age of 4. he hates music, but will go on to compose works of actual art instead of bullshit dadrock.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.