[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've put off listening to any Mac DeMarco since 2 came out.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: faf646fa.jpg (22 KB, 658x370) Image search: [Google]
faf646fa.jpg
22 KB, 658x370
I've put off listening to any Mac DeMarco since 2 came out. Tonight I got a wild hair up my ass and randomly decided to.

I'm actually really enjoying this. Shit, man. Does /mu/ still hate him?
>>
Yep it's a cult of personality he makes shit music and does outrageous stuff for 16 year olds to mimic. He's way more famous for his fake persona than his 'songs'
>>
File: 1427075622830.jpg (33 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1427075622830.jpg
33 KB, 480x360
What do you care if /mu/ hates him? Do you desperately need to follow the opinions of others? Op stop being a faggot and a sheep.
>>
>>60551460
The music itself, though. He seems like a massive douche, but so's Kanye and I kind of like his stuff.
>>
>>60551475
I mean if you like it bro more power to you. Not my cup of tea though. Maybe you can change my mind. Whats a song of his that you think highly of?
>>
>>60551474
The implication is that I'm curious as to why, asshole
>>
"Cult of personality" is right. Mac's music isn't all that, he seems like a cool guy though
>>
I don't even know what it is he does that /mu/ hates but he makes comfy music that's fun to listen to. I'm sure this will draw a lot of ironic meme arrow posts with stuff like >comfy and >fun but sometimes you just need stuff like that and especially if you have friends and you want something to chill to, Mac is good for that. I'm not a huge fan and probably wouldn't see him in concert but he's great at what he does
>>
/mu/ just hates when their "obscure" artists get moderately successful. Mac makes good music, 2 is solid af.
>>
>>60551475
It's not so much that he's a douche, i've heard hes a real nice, funny guy, who spends time with his fans etc. It's just that he is promoted like hell as more of a zany celebrity than a serious musician. He does things like kiss his band mates, get naked, does publicity stunts. And every 15-20 year old dude is trying to be him right now
>>
>>60551526
The Stars Keep On Calling My Name in particular kind of jumped out at me, and Brother.

I'm really into the recent trend of this production aesthetic.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.