[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Albums you like that have terrible production?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: Residents.jpg (827 KB, 1425x1425) Image search: [Google]
Residents.jpg
827 KB, 1425x1425
- The Residents - Meet The Residents
- Captain Beefheart And His Magic Band - Trout Mask Replica
- Half Japanese - Half Gentlemen Not Beasts
>>
>>60545436
>- Captain Beefheart And His Magic Band - Trout Mask Replica
has great prod
>>
What's wrong with the production on Meet The Residents? Not Available has much worse production.
>>
>>60546003
>What's wrong with the production on Meet The Residents?
not the cancer whatever but i remember there was a song that half of it goes in the left channel, half of it the right

other than that it's really harsh

but yeah, not available is reverbed to the sky
>>
>>60545436
>>60546096
I like the production on MTR. Of course it's low quality, but it fits it well.

On the mono version of Numb Erone, there's a very distinct 'clacking' sound to one of the pianos, which pretty much creates a new instrument out of it. These are the sort of sounds that can't be achieved with normal means of production.
>>
TMR's productions is ace.
>>
Any and all releases by Crass
>>
Daydream Nation sounds like absolute ass compared to Sister
>>
>>60546735
The drums on Sister suck though, they're so muted. You can tell that the engineer on DDN had never worked with a rock band though, it's pretty bad
>>
>>60545436
half gentlemen's production complements the music wonderfully
>>
Do people listen to albums or songs and think "hey that's some nice production" because that's pretty funny
>>
>>60548368
retard
>>
>>60546735
Wait what? I think you got the order wrong, Daydream Nation's production is clearly superior to Sister's. Don't get me wrong, the production on Sister isn't bad at all, but to say that DDN's is inferior can only mean you're obsessed with lo-fi vintage sounds
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.