[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Discuss
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: SMiLE Album Cover.png (832 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
SMiLE Album Cover.png
832 KB, 700x700
Discuss
>>
good album
>>
Hey everybody! It's another Beach Boys Smile album discussion thread to brighten up everybody's Sunday afternoon.
>>
Heroes and Villains > Good Vibrations > Our Prayer > the rest
>>
>>60545989
W-what about Surf's Up?
>>
>>60546004
>the rest
I have to listen to that song again though.
>>
>>60545989
surf's up > the rest of the album, the rest of the beach boys discography, and a good deal of music in general.
>>
>>60545989
Heroes and Villains is shit.
>>
Anyone who seriously thinks this is better than Pet Sounds is lying to themselves
>>
Vegetables GOAT underrated track
>>
>>60546884
This.

Listen to Pet Sounds DDC gold remastered by Steve Hoffman. Shits all over Smile anyday everyday
>>
>>60546851
Your opinion is shit.

>>60546884
Or maybe they aren't, because taste is subjective.
>>
>>60547000
Possible, but I think people act like Smile is a masterpiece just because it has this lost art mythology surrounding it. Its a mess of ok ideas that very rarely feel cohesive, or even interesting. Half the album is made up of leftover snippets of incomplete songs. I sincerely don't get how anyone prefers it to Pet Sounds outside of very particular tastes
>>
>>60547172
Personally, I love the songs Heroes and Villains and Good Vibrations from it. Yet I don't like any of the songs from Pet Sounds as much as those. It feels weak, personally, but I'm pretty sure a lot of people feel the same way about that album. I never cared about Smile being a lost album or anything like that.
Cohesiveness is overrated btw.
>>
>>60545989
you like cardiacs your opinion means nothing
>>
>>60547896
Is there anything wrong with that?
>>
>>60547975
Yes because your opinion means nothing on anything because of that
>>
>>60547988
What is it about liking Cardiacs that makes my opinion worthless?
>>
>>60548065
I don't know
It appears that you have listened to make a rising more than beach boys too
>>
>>60548086
>I don't know
opinion discarded

>It appears that you have listened to make a rising more than beach boys too
Actually not. I have listened to more Beach Boys.
>>
>>60545989
What a mind bogglingly awful opinion, it's obvious that Surf's Up and Cabinessence are both better than any of the tracks you listed
>>60546922
truth
>>60546884
untruth
>>
>>60545989
SMiLE is perfect, you fiend
The only way it could possible be better is if the Heroes and Villains suite and The Elements suite was fully made, then it would be the peak of music
>>
To me, a big outlier in taste is if a person likes SMiLE or not. If a person does, they have good taste. If they don't, they have bad taste.
SMiLE was much bigger than what the sessions are, and a lot of people don't know that sadly. There were going to be full orchestrated suites, called "Heroes and Villians" and "The Elements".
SMiLE was never fully completed, yet it beats 99% of all music.
I might understand under some circumstances why one could not like the sessions, but people like >>60547172 and >>60546884 are so wrong it hurts. There were ideas so big in the mind of Brian Wilson during that time, so big to the point where if SMiLE was completed, it would be so big many would think he was the second Mozart. If people had listened to anything like the sessions are now in 1967, I would imagine something similar would happen as well.
The fact this album is still discussed is a huge indicator of the influence and the overall quality of the tracks from SMiLE.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.