[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Using iShit to listen to lossy audio formats Are you fucking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: 2000px-Flac_logo_vector.svg.png (86 KB, 2000x992) Image search: [Google]
2000px-Flac_logo_vector.svg.png
86 KB, 2000x992
>Using iShit to listen to lossy audio formats
Are you fucking crazy? Buy an Android and download some lossless audio formats, you fucking hipsters!
>>
Apple supports its own lossless format
>>
>>60529127
I dont think we buy ipods, in the same way we dont buy beats headphones
>>
File: FNCBFO2I9YBJLK7.LARGE.jpg (51 KB, 907x718) Image search: [Google]
FNCBFO2I9YBJLK7.LARGE.jpg
51 KB, 907x718
>>60529152
>proprietary format
>>
>>60529127

>what is aiff

Hi fag
>>
>>60529127
>Apple
>hipsters
???
>>
>>60529179
It's open source, though. Apache license, but still open source and free
>>
>>60529292
Too bad the format is literally dead.
>>
...You also have to take into consideration the amount of space it takes up.
>>
>>60530696
We're in the year 2015, boy. If you don't have large space for lossless formats, then you're doing everything wrong.
>>
But it's literally pointless anon.
There's no way you can tell the difference between 320 V0 and lossless.
>>
>>60529127
>falling for the FLAC meme
Have fun with all that storage space, anon.
>>
>>60531015
If you think you have ears capable of hearing the frequencies that you store in a lossless file then you must be a mouse.
But then again the OP is just baiting so yeah, saged.
>>
>>60529127
>makes threads about audio formats
>calls other anons hipsters

okkkkkkkkkk
>>
Reminder that FLAC is, indeed, "Lossless", and will endure digital rot much better than mp3s.

This is literally the only thing FLAC has going for it, so unless you plan on making an archive of music, use mp3s.
>>
>>60533315
the thing about flac that really gets my goat is some people think it's acceptable to start a torrent for an album that's ripped into a single giant flac file instead of tracks
>>
Do mp3 files go through a decay? I noticed there was a reduction in quality to video files (.avi or .mp4) through time, but that might just be my feelings.
>>
>>60533374

like all digital data, the "reading cycles" as it gets played decay the code, eventually resulting in quality loss. That's why live streamed music over a good internet connection is the future.

You can always re-rip your CDs, but those decay at a much faster rate.
>>
>>60533374
>>60533674
Don't believe this piece of shit, you're being trolled. Digital data does not decay. Your hard disk might start to get a little worse after some years of use, but the data itself does not lose any content, the medium does. So, the best thing you can do is buy a hard disk every 5 years or something or usea cloud storage.

Oh, I see he wasn't so bad now.
>>
Flac is a lie
>>
>>60534039
This dude knows what he's talking about. Digital data stays the same all the time. The only thing that could damage it is if the actual physical support (hard disk, ssd, cd, dvd, memory stick) where it's saved is damaged. That's why don't forget to always backup your data.
>>
FLAC is king
>>
Praise DuARTe
>>
>>60529185
>hipster
>logical name we can finde the definition by making deductions.

what is next, you will try to find what 4chan think autist is by making deductions?
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.