[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this post-punk?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (101 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
101 KB, 600x600
Is this post-punk?
>>
Nah thats a child
>>
>>60524074
Nah thats an image
>>
>>60524098
>image.jpg

It's post-jpeg
>>
>>60524098
Nah thats a thread
>>
No, pop.
>>
Is this a post, punk?
>>
>>60522575
Yes.
>>
i hate how people like post punk but hate post grunge, it's basically the same
>>
>>60524140
el oh el
>>
>>60524126
Have you actually listened to Boy? It's poppier than most other post-punk of the time but it isn't pure pop.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (126 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
126 KB, 600x600
>tfw I always thought this was the top of his shoulders
help me
>>
>>60524270
Da faq, how?
>>
>>60524126
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odNcBTtavtw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncRHdHDNfN8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifhgIWU2Ols

You're letting your hatred Bono and U2's 21st century material blind you. If U2 had broken up after War and faded into obscurity then no one would deny that the above songs are post-punk.
>>
>>60524140
Top kek
>>
>>60524148
Any examples of post grunge?
>>
>>60524148
grunge was about the originality of the sound at the time, post grunge is like a bad movie sequel
>>
>>60524401

They're a pop band. They've always been a pop band.

And I was round in Dub to see them when they were still trying to shake off being Feedback (at which point they might have been "post-punk)

U2 are a pop band. Deal with it.
>>
>>60524098
nah that's group of pixels
>>
>>60524270
SHIEEET
>>
>>60524148
if you don't know what you're talking about don't talk about it
>>
>>60524562
nevermind him, he's comparing wire to queens of the stone age
>>
Boy is an absolutely great album.
>>
>>60524654
Queens of the Stone Age aren't post-grunge. He's comparing Wire to the Foo Fighters.
>>
>>60522575
I'd say it's already new wave
>>
>>60524600
Did you get to see PiL live when Keith Levene was still a member of the band?
>>
>>60524600
If you were genuinely a part of the late 70s post-punk scene then share stories.
>>
>>60524778

No, although I saw him with Jah Wobble.... Jeez, cant remember if that was Nineties or Noughties.

Never saw PiL, saw Lydon with Leftfield though.
>>
>>60524876
Wobble and Levene did a tour together in 2012. That must've been when you saw them.
>>
to be fair, This Heat did open for them in 1981, so they're at least post-punk by proxy
>>
>>60524838

I was wile young fella.

I never saw Feedback, although I was aware of them. I saw the early U2 when they played the Olympic. Around the same time there was another Dub band called the Blades, Irish press tipped them as "Dublin's answer to the Jam" and they were reckoned to be on their way to world stardom, frontman was a lad called Paul Cleary. They played the Olympic too.

Fans of both bands hated each other. The slagged each other as "wannabe mods" and "trendies". I was a "wannabe mod".

Several years before I could legally drink. Still managed (With a bottle of my Nan's QC up my coat).

Yours faithfully,

Old Irish Bastard.
>>
>>60524270
he's a cute little elf kid

those are his ears
>>
>>60524908

You're probably right, After a while the years and then the decades all start to look a bit similar.
>>
>>60524634

i know exactly what i'm talking about, it's you who doesn't because you go by what everyone tells you
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.