[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So much solid than PBVSGR and Tomboy, Down There is good too,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: Avey-Tare.jpg (857 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
Avey-Tare.jpg
857 KB, 1500x1500
So much solid than PBVSGR and Tomboy, Down There is good too, really inmersive album. Why do people tend to hate on avey's solo work so much? have you even listened to it? Team Avey all fucking day niqqa
if we would have got something more like this instead of Hz everything would be different
>>
File: panda.jpg (22 KB, 480x319) Image search: [Google]
panda.jpg
22 KB, 480x319
>>60521135
man I don't think many people hate Avey's solo work. It goes without saying that these guys are incredibly creative and imaginative, but so far the height of their creativity has been when they collaborate.
Personally, Down There resonates with me much more than Slasher Flicks cause I dont dig the whole cheesy horror vibe. Little Fang is catchy as fuck though.
It's funny; I prefer Avey's AnCo songs and Panda's solo work. I thought PBVSGR was fantastic. The production wasn't great and it's a little 'same-y' throughout but it's still a solid album.
I agree Hz is their worst album so far and I hope they return to a less pop-heavy sound than Hz. From what we've heard so far (underwater jam) it sounds more like the Transverse Temporal Gyrus album, so im pretty hype for new anco.
I'll listen to whatever these guys put out. Deak solo when
>>
nah, slasher flicks was terrible m8

tomboy is fantastic
>>
>>60521135
dude, is that log supposed to look like a woman presenting her asshole?
>>
>if we would have got something more like this instead of Hz everything would be different

Did you listen to the same album?

Slasher Flicks is literally Centipede Hz Part 2.

Avey was directly responsible for the sound of Centipede Hz.

I like Avey's stuff but don't be delusional.
>>
>>60521295
>man I don't think many people hate Avey's solo work
i always see faggots posting shit like "overrated le faux experimental XDDD"
is just a cool asf, full of hooks, psychedelic pop album man.
>It goes without saying that these guys are incredibly creative and imaginative, but so far the height of their creativity has been when they collaborate.
yeah completly agree, but i do like the sense of intimacy intropsection is albums as STGSTV, down there, and person pitch (im by not means hating on panda btw)
>Down There resonates with me much more than Slasher Flicks cause I dont dig the whole cheesy horror vibe.
just ignore the lyrics or something, really fun album, what i like the most is that you can feel that avey was having fun and being happy while making this, feels like something we always wanted to do just for fun.
>It's funny; I prefer Avey's AnCo songs and Panda's solo work
yeah 2bh person pitch is just on another level lol
> I thought PBVSGR was fantastic. The production wasn't great and it's a little 'same-y' throughout but it's still a solid album.
agree, 7/10 or something album for, there were some songs that were just boring imo, but in general is a pretty fun album, decent pop, really cool textures.
>so im pretty hype for new anco.
the hype is real bro
>I'll listen to whatever these guys put out. Deak solo when
anon on fleek
>>
>>60521433
>Slasher Flicks is literally Centipede Hz Part 2.
yeah i know they are feel really similar at times, but more than "part 2" for me is like non-lazy-ass 2.0 version
>Avey was directly responsible for the sound of Centipede Hz.
yeah i know, him and geo
>I like Avey's stuff but don't be delusional.
?
>>60521344
what makes you say that
listening for the first time now
great avey vocal delivery
decent/good songwriting, really catchy and groovy.
cool textures and atmosphere, but dont overdone it
drums are pretty fun, arregaments and production way better than hz
easy 7.5/10 or 8.
i hate numeral rating but is kinda universal in this place so...
>>
>>60521543
>arregaments
arrangements*
sorry
also really dig the harmonies he does he that chick he is bangin iirc
>>
>>60521543
>I like Avey's stuff but don't be delusional.
>?
The final sentence in your post doesn't mesh.

If we got more stuff like Slasher Flicks, it would be more of Centipede Hz.

The problem with Centipede Hz was the low involvement from Panda and Deakin. New Town Burnout and Wide Eyed are the best parts of the album.

I don't particularly dislike Centipede Hz, though it is my least favorite album of theirs.

You have heard New Psycho Actives, correct? That is the kind of thing you should be hoping for new AnCo.
>>
>>60521607
>New Psycho Actives
oh yes
i really want them to fuck with everything
i want something really glitchy, ambientish, minimalhouse influenced, i want it to be their less pop stuff, but still with the anco touch, you know, like oddsack for example, that album had some really nice ambient pieces, reminded me of SAW II for some reason the first time i listened to it.
What i would really like is something like their earliest lo-fi stuff but we all know thats not gonna happen.
still hype asf, i just want them to realize they arent teenager anymore and try to go further this time, they seem like a really talented bunch of lads, they can do anything
>>
bump for sincere and chill anco discussion
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.