[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Drums & Percussion General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: drummer5.jpg (384 KB, 2502x1676) Image search: [Google]
drummer5.jpg
384 KB, 2502x1676
didnt see thread about drumming anywhere so

>Post gear
>Post desired gear
>How long have you been playing?
>Favorite drummers?
>Favorite percussionist?
>Projects?
>Talk about and play music
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (89 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
89 KB, 1280x720
>>
>>60513572
ive taken interest into programming drums using samples from friends drum kits and their session drumming. I've collected sounds over the years and each project gets more and more frustrating because im looking for a certain sound. Ive always liked acoustic drums that sound fleeting and breaks in between. Ive been playing drums for about a month. I know what i want when i comes to making a jam but it takes me a while to loosen up and get it down. booze helps sometimes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sn_Tt2GcWXM
>>
>>60513632
Ghost are pretty good.
They have their niche and they know how to work it, and i like their drumming.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (31 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
31 KB, 480x360
>>60513748
they really are. the only thing is that they changed their drummer not while ago and they no longer use that kind of set on the stage.

And the new guys play style is quite different also
>>
>>60513697
this is actually really good
>>
>>60513825
thankyou. im planning on selling the full album in a physical format with stems included but im not sure about using bandcamp for it.
>>
>"cb drums"
>anything better
>6 years now, pretty sad.
>mr. hill and sir collis. danny carey was an early inspiration.
>shit. i don't know any...
>i'm putting out a mixtape but i might no be doing the drumming on it b/c the only person i know who could play the parts live plays very differently to me. also in a band that's written like 3 and 2 half songs in 3 years.

i really mostly like playing drums to make mindless noise lol.
>>
>>60514053
>also in a band that's written like 3 and 2 half songs in 3 years.
sounds exactly like my band lol
>>
>>60513697

resllly cool
>>
>>60513973

what daw do you use? what do you think about the music you make?

tips for producing?
>>
Been trying to play idioteque on drums. Takes a lot of kick-drum independence.
>>
>>60515098
I use a combination of sunvox and caustic for field recording drums and ideas. fl studio and renoise while mixing and planning. more often fl studio since better support for eq plugins. I dropped renoise after the last years update.

I think about concept, so its program music and even vapor-wave. Drums are important to me because its an itch.

Mixing is a pain in the ass for me, so i do as little as possible until im ready to export it. Play each voice as part of a band rather than a computer, then go back and edit.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.