[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any body else dig Depression Cherry and Bloom, but not that into
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2
File: homepage_large.f251d544.jpg (99 KB, 319x319) Image search: [Google]
homepage_large.f251d544.jpg
99 KB, 319x319
Any body else dig Depression Cherry and Bloom, but not that into Teen Dream? I just hate the stereotypical indie girl vocals on TD, and I think the songwriting is just so fuckin mediocre. Very curious to see if anyone else feels this way.
>>
>>60512529
i haven't heard Depression Cherry and I've only listened to Bloom and Teen Dream, but out of the two records that I did know; I thought Bloom was vastly superior.
>>
i've always disliked teen dream, but never tried to analyze or pinpoint why. agree that the songwriting is particularly mediocre, however i do like "walk in the park," "better times," and "take care."

what's your take on their debut?
>>
>>60512601
haven't listened, should i? also why the fuck is teen dream so hyped up!! it has an 82 on metacritic. is metacritic biased?
>>
Teen Dream > TYLOS > Devotion > Depression Cherry = Devotion > Bloom > S/T
>>
Yes. Just listen to it
>>
>>60512601
is it because pitchfork liked it? is pitchfork really that influential, despite being completely retarded? let's all listen to frankie cosmos best albums and enjoy beautiful pop/rock/noisey/dreamy songs

https://ingridsuperstar.bandcamp.com/album/much-ado-about-fucking
>>
>>60512650
haha but are you gonna defend your position at all?
>>
Devotion > TYLOS > Teen Dream > Depression Cherry > Bloom > S/T

ftfy
>>
>>60512650
Bloom>Teen Dream>Devotion>TYLS>Depression Cherry>S/T
>>
PEOPLE DEFENDING TEEN DREAM:

What makes it good in your eyes.
>>
>>60512674
swap bloom and teen dream and I agree. maybe even call em equal.
>>
>>60512529
you know i listened to depression cherry and I couldn't justify thinking it was better than, say, anything drugstore has released and drugstore fucking sucks so beach house is therefore shit.
>>
>>60512679
I actually don't have a problem with your latter argument
>>
>>60512678
Silver Soul
>>
>>60512693
But i thought albums were multiple songs. That is one song. I am saying that overall teen dream aint good
>>
>>60512685
I got into them when bloom came out but teen dream was just more memorable later down the line, the vocals were the best compared to the other albums imo

also
>>60512693
this
>>
>>60512710
see: >>60512698
>>
>>60512716
Hush, autist
>>
>>60512733
im the OP. im more valid than u in this context
>>
>>60512710
Ah I totally get you. Real Live, Take Care, and Silver Soul have absolutely amazing vocals. I just really love The Hours and especially Wishes, so Bloom takes my vote
>>
>>60512650
>>60512670
>>60512674
SHeesh do people really think the s/t is that bad?
>>
>>60512740
Well, in the context of 4Chan, you're a fag.
>>
>>60512750
It's not bad at all. I love apple orchard and heart and lungs. I just think the songwriting isn't as strong as it is in other albums. All Beach House albums are good imo
>>
i'm probably going to come off as a contrarian but:

s/t > devotion > depression cherry > teen dream > thank your lucky stars > bloom

i love the amateurish lo-fi sound of the first two albums. they sound like someone that is jerking off to nostalgia. i think that they wrote better melodies and lyrics back in the day too.
>>
>>60512771
OP thinks this is the only person in this thread that isnt a fag. except for me of course.
>>
>>60512823
Wow. I wasnt too far off with the autistic joke
>>
>>60512771

nope, i pretty much feel exactly the same way

it's pretty simple for me, i don't skip a goddamn thing on any of their first three albums, and after that it starts to get hit and miss

on the sea is a straight 10/10 song though
>>
>>60512835
dude shut up. obviously you are the autistic one because you are so fucking fixated on autism. remember: you're on 4chan. besides, autism is an infinite spectrum and it follows that everyone is has at least a tiny amount of autism in them. you are just clearly literally autistic. i'm just like very very slightly autistic probably.
>>
Depression Cherry is their peak of songwriting and best album.
>>
>>60512835
also, there are no girls on the internet
>>
>>60512910
Haha
>>
s/t > bloom > dc > teen dream > devotion

i haven't heard tylos. what the shit, haven't been around for a few months and they dropped another album?
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.