[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else think the new Blackstar is catchy as hell?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: bowie 420.png (2 MB, 1253x885) Image search: [Google]
bowie 420.png
2 MB, 1253x885
Anyone else think the new Blackstar is catchy as hell?
>>
I dig the 1st half best. The I'm a black star not a *star thing gets a little corny
>>
David Bowie died in 1973 on the exact moment Pin Ups was released. Get over it anon
>>
>>60510862

yeah im not just saying this....
but thats the first time ive been brutally
skull fucked by anything in a long long time.
>>
>>60511001
good or bad?
>>
>>60510897
yeh beginning and end is best
>>
>>60511001
if you think that was weird, you're missing out on a lot of stuff
>>
I kinda feel like it was a bad attempt at going all scott walker
>>
I don't know why everyones freaking out over this song, I'm almost positive I've heard this kind of stuff somewhere before. It doesn't seem that mindblowing
>>
>>60511115
glad I'm not the only one who thought it had a Scott Walker vibe
>>
>>60511127
/mu/'s been saying this over and over since it was released
>>
>>60511127

It's clearly influenced by Tilt and whatever, but adds that new electro dnb feel which is pretty fresh. That beat is jazzed and minimalist then it just morphs. Beats the generic programmed beats of today which just ape 90s AFX and I guess that non-generic dnb feel is what he was aiming at with Earthling.

So basically he's pulled in some of his 90s influences, added some classic Bowie and some WTF and made something fresh. It's a nod to the past and a step into the future.
>>
>>60511238

That's because Pitchfuck said it.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.