[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Be honest now
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7
File: folder.jpg (36 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
folder.jpg
36 KB, 300x300
Have you ever literally cried to a song? How does it feel? When did it happen? Unfortunately, this never happened to me. Post your song.
>pic related almost did it for me tho'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INWZy3-Vw80
>>
i think the only time i cried was when i first heard reckoner by radiohead before i got into good music
>>
>>60510302
>reckoner
>before i got into good music

i hope you arent too much of an edgelord
>>
>>60510330

>he doesn't like my shit band
>he must be edgy
>>
Cheer Up by Skizzy Mars
>>
>>60510287
>Have you ever literally cried to a song?

Yes more times than I could possibly count. Is this rare for some people? Why even bother with music if you can't connect with it emotionally?
>>
>>60510302
>>60510350
C'mon man you don't like reckoner?

If this isn't b8 please stop being retarded
>>
File: 1447192450673.jpg (17 KB, 400x388) Image search: [Google]
1447192450673.jpg
17 KB, 400x388
>>60510364
Actually I can emotionally connect with dozens of albums, but not to the point of making me cry. I don't usually cry. Some songs almost did it, but never actually happen. Someday will I guess. It's not only about the song itself. It's also your life experience and your own memories somehow.
>>
>>60510287
Nine Inch Nails - Right Where It Belongs V2
I know its cliche af but eh, it was a bad time for me when I first found it. I still cry occasionally to it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxrf4ZzzrA8
>inb4 "wow what a fagit"
>>
>>60510287
Same as you, Ekki Mukk never fails to make me shed a tear desu
>>
File: spaghett.gif (399 KB, 463x339) Image search: [Google]
spaghett.gif
399 KB, 463x339
>>60510364
I have a very muted emotional response to just about everything. Music doesn't do much for me, but what it does is more than life can.
>>
>>60510287
I'm a big cryer, op, but I haven't cried recently
here's a list of ones that got me in the past

The Antlers - Wake
Brand New - Play Crack The Sky
Have A Nice Life - I Don't Love/Earthmover
Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here
Radiohead - Motion Picture Soundtrack
Radiohead - Fake Plastic Trees
Radiohead - True Love Waits
Radiohead - No Surprises
Radiohead - Videotape
The Smiths - I Know It's Over
Godspeed You! Black Emperor - Lift Your Skinny Fists Like Antenna To Heaven (the whole album has so many parts that set me off I just have to include the whole thing)
Andrew Jackson Jihad - White Face, Black Eyes
Modest Mouse - Cowboy Dan
Modest Mouse - Edit The Sad Parts
Modest Mouse - Little Motel
Sigur Rós - Untitled 1 (Vaka)

there are more but these are the ones I recall
>>
>>60510287
I cry myself to sleep almost every night to Pink Floyd
>>
>>60511628
oh, The Final Cut and On The Turning Away by Pink Floyd also got me
and that middle chunk of The Wall (Another Brick In The Wall pt 3 to In The Flesh)
>>
File: 1441415108407.gif (1 MB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
1441415108407.gif
1 MB, 720x720
>>60510287
Maná's El Reloj Cucu
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4QlOdtpHZw

It is in Spanish but it is told through a child who has lost his father and is seeing what is going on. The verse that gets me the most is:

Esta canción de amor
Va para mi mamá
Que aguantó todito
Le dolió hasta el hueso.

Es por eso que mamá
Lloraba en silencio
Lloraba en las noches
Y como aguantó por las mañanas.

which translates to:

This love[swan] song
Goes to my mother
Who endured it all
It hurt her to the bones

That is why my momma
Cried a lot in silence
Cried a lot every night
And how she endured every morning

My dad is still alive (thankfully) but this song hits me hard and would not like to experience something as tragic as losing a parent.
>>
File: 1448089756644.jpg (71 KB, 700x520) Image search: [Google]
1448089756644.jpg
71 KB, 700x520
>>60511744
>>
The Cure - Pictures of You

Flew-in in Vegas then drove to San Diego, seems the longest drive ever. It was the less expensive flight from Des Moines.

Plugged my iPod in, song related played, started bawwing. That was last month.

Headed to San Diego because my mom pased the night before. I miss you Mom
>>
Cried over the Giles Corey s/t because I was going through a psychotic break and I thought I wouldn't make it through the day

Thanks Dan
>>
Was listening to broke by modest mouse and broke down hard as fuck. Was going through some really dumb shit back then though it felt good to cry I guess I feel stupid about it now though. I Also cried to "oh darling" by the beatles when I was on shrooms laying down in my friends backyard. that was the happy kind of crying, I was watching the clouds race past the moon and all of life basically slammed me all at once with every beautiful thought you could imagine
>>
File: 1372386349577.png (35 KB, 696x709) Image search: [Google]
1372386349577.png
35 KB, 696x709
https://youtu.be/CPd3e5woOyc?t=4m54s

pleni sunt caeli et terrae maestatis gloriae tuae
>>
>>60511628
>The Smiths - I Know It's Over

This, especially on the album when it transitions from the "Mother, I can feel the soil falling over my head" part into Never Had No One Ever and it opens with "When you walk without ease/on the streets where you were raised/I had a real bad dream/It lasted twenty years..."
>>
I've cried quite a bit.. last time was when I was listening to Silk Rhodes.. maybe. Jimi Hendrix Machine Gun made me bawl at work before, more than once.
>>
File: hospice.jpg (105 KB, 1500x1347) Image search: [Google]
hospice.jpg
105 KB, 1500x1347
my generic but true answer
>>
Foxing - Indica
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTIQVWXj1bg
http://genius.com/Foxing-indica-lyrics
the part where the drums kick in really gets me

In the past I've cried to The Mountain Goats - The Best Ever Death Metal Band in Denton, although I don't think it's as objectively sad as Indica
>>
>>60511336
This just made me cry, never listened to v2 but the original is probably my favorite Nails song period.
>>
The Antlers - Kettering
Sweet Trip - Chocolate Matter
>>
>>60510287
Varúð from the same album. The music video helps as well to be honest.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gf1h2PMPCAo
>>
American Football - Never Meant.
It somehow got me, the only other time i've cried i was watching Gladiator at the age of 12.
>>
The album Carrie and Lowell made me have a breakdown after seeing it live. It's not even a favourite for me, I think it's mediocre compared to his other albums so it's odd to me.
>>
i cry to tim buckley when i get wasted alone saturdays.
>>
Songs that make me cry:

Two Headed Boy Part 2 -NMH
Sawdust and Diamonds - Joanna Newsom
Katy Song - Red House Painters
Motion Picture Soundtrack - Radiohead
Carissa - Sun Kil Moon
Asleep - The Smiths
The Haunting Presence - Giles Corey
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.