[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jack White: Hack or Music Business/Guitar Visionary?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (81 KB, 510x336) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
81 KB, 510x336
Thoughts on jack whites overall hackery readings plus discussion on his work in both business and music post white stripes? Personally I really enjoy the raconteurs first record but I'm kind of whatever about dead weather and his solo work. Dudes a killer lead guitar players for sure though, one of my modern favorites next to josh homme.
>>
He can play guitar and he has a proper appreciation for music

But he can't sing, write, or do much of anything except the aforementioned. I was never personally a fan of white stripes but that was definitely when he was at his best
>>
>>60510096
can he actually play guitar, tho? everyone always says he can, but those people are usually guitar-hero fuckwit sorts of people
>>
I think that he's kind of a dick. I think that he's one of the most brilliant minds in music and I think he definitely has creative ideas about music. But I also feel as if he demands too much money for the things he does. He talked about releasing a record book for kids and then charged a substantial amount of money. One could argue that the quality of his work/the format is definitely worth it but I feel like it's more of a defect rather than postive thing.

>tl;dr desu he's a prick
>>
>>60510170
I mean, when you put it like that I agree with you, he can play guitar in a non-offensive manner but he's never done anything that blew me away
>>
>>60510170
He's okay. Nothing that strays from the E-A-D progression with a blues pentatonic solo over it, though.
>>
>>60510096
maybe hes a nice dude but his music has never done anything for me
>>
>>60510096
He's a good musician, but he's totally delusional. That picture you included is so corny from the burning record to his lame ass jacket and hairdo.
>>
>>60510170
I don't think he's incredibly virtuosic when it comes down to it but the guy knows his way around pentatonic "blues" playing. I do think he has layed down some of the more riveting guitar work of the 21st century purely in the vain of really charged and hectic rock music imo. I mean that first raconteurs record has really got some tight moments on it for guitar, while not necessarily tickling the progressive listeners pickle 100% of the time.
>>
>>60510411
Like this
http://youtu.be/vb5gDt5R7oM

>inb4 shitty fan video
>>
>>60510096

i got into the white stripes probably 2007 - 2008.
hes a clever business man.
i like alot of his novelty retroist ways.
and his creative ideas. definitely a clever dude.
but once he i saw he had that "im famous and successful" ego thing... i just thought....eh...gross...
>>
guy seems to have played out his relevance. The White Stripes put out consistently good records. Never got into The Raconteurs, but i liked the second Dead Weather record. Thought his solo stuff was/is boring. Dude needs good bandmates to write/play off of. not a dis, just IMO.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.