[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
More like this? I liked Femme Fatale, Heroin, and Mirror. Haven't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: Velvet_Underground_and_Nico.jpg (9 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
Velvet_Underground_and_Nico.jpg
9 KB, 350x350
More like this?
I liked Femme Fatale, Heroin, and Mirror.
Haven't listened to all of the songs though.
I liked the songs that featured Nico.
TVU's sound is really unique
>>
>I liked the songs that featured Nico.
then listen to Nico's Chelsea Girl
>>
>>60489647
I didn't like it, I like Nico when she's backed up by TVU
>>
>>60489321
Try listening to all the songs on that album, then check out The Hissing of Summer Lawns by Joni Mitchell
>>
I listened to that album and heard nothing significant.
>>
>>60489712
Already a fan of her mate, I can stand her music unlike Nico, must be the accent
>>
>>60489759
I get what youre saying and i thought that too, but TVU has this certain sound.
>>
>>60489761
Have you heard The Velvet Underground's self titled or Loaded? It seems that you like the calmer, more melodic songs and those albums might be right up your alley.
Loaded is pretty underrated on this board, it's one of my favorites by them. There's no Nico though.
>>
>>60489787
Yup
>>
>>60489321
Listen to White Light/White Heat, it's the superior TVU album, but most likely 2deep4u

>>60489647
>Chelsea Girl
no, listen to Desertshore if you want more Nico
>>
>>60489866
But Desertshore sounds nothing like the Nico in TVU&N
>>
>>60489866
Yeah i got wlwh
>>
Check out the first two Mercury Rev albums.
>>
>>60489866
I love every song on White Light/White Heat except for Sister Ray. It just sounds kind of insipid, and there's really nothing interesting about it other than the fact that it goes on for seventeen minutes.
>>
>>60490190
That's just a shame. Have you tried the live versions of Sister Ray? Part of why that song is amazing is because of all the versions that are out there that are drastically different. It's true improvisation. This one is better than the studio version imo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEM1wayCOjI
>>
every alternative rock album made after it
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.