[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is dean blunt the most progressive artist out right now? goe
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: cover367.jpg (35 KB, 460x561) Image search: [Google]
cover367.jpg
35 KB, 460x561
Is dean blunt the most progressive artist out right now?
goes from sampling fucking stravinsky https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-D60agfe-8

then big star https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3uluUzia_s

Now trap https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2Ph4iGG60k and cormega and britney spears off his latest mixtape
>>
john oswald was more diverse than that, and that was 25 years ago

hell pierre henry was more diverse than that

not that it's a contest or anything
>>
>>60485065
>cormega
which song?
>>
>progressive
Is Dean Blunt even gay? He can't be that progressive
>>
Pagans feat arca. on uk2uk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrTM_n5_3x0
the dialogue part at the end

>>60485174
he could be gay we just don't know much about him. tho it seems inga is more likely to be gay. she has cut all of her hair
>>
He's alright I guess.

His work lacks cohesion. It's almost manic. It's like he's got all these ideas and jumps from one thing to the next without really refining anything.
>>
>>60485065
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-D60agfe-8

not trying to dismiss him, i like his music. but i just tried to imagine being dean blunt and showing my parents this song that i made
>>
Short answer: Yes
Long answer: Yeah
>>
well in dean blunt fashion he would tell them to stay out of it !
>>
>sampling
Wow so progressive, truly a visionary ahead of his time
>>
>>60485065
i like him a lot but i wouldnt say the most progressive, maybe james ferraro gets that title
>>
>>60485304
>His work lacks cohesion

that's a good point, he's having a laugh sure and that's endearing. but as the audience i feel fucked over a bit too much by his escapades and can't be bothered to give it another chance.

i also don't think he's got it in him to write something legendary. he just changes the goal posts when he runs out of ideas.
>>
>>60485304
spot on f a m
>>
>>60485648
>James Ferraro
>DUDE CAPITALISM HAHAH
>>
>>60485706
where do you get that from? have you even listened to Night Dolls With Hairspray, KFC City, Clear, or Marble Surf? do you know he has like 200+ albums?
>>
>>60485706
nice critique, very well though out bro
>>
>>60485648
That was my answer too. If we're sticking to this style of music, Ferraro is the only answer.

What did you think of Skid Row?
>>
>>60485706
you do realize one album (i assume you're talking about FSV) doesn't represent his entire catalog, right? like >>60485785 said.
>>
>>60485785
>>60485880
this
>>
File: pleb.png (28 KB, 316x56) Image search: [Google]
pleb.png
28 KB, 316x56
>>60485785
>I don’t really think capitalism in itself is evil, I have a hard time subscribing to binaries like that. It seems like our most natural economic interface but I think it’s primitive; the evolution of society and the development of our ideals and values is problematic for capitalism. Exploitation is a natural consequence by design; some are thriving under its design, most are passively participating. I think as a generality capitalism generates a toxic psychology, like a mutated type of persona. I don’t know, maybe there is something on the horizon that will distance us further from it all in a meaningful way before the system collapses on itself. Patriarchy is personally the most saddening issue, it would be beneficial to society as a whole if women had the same advantages that men have; patriarchy is like a handcuffed society. There needs to be more scientific and technological efforts geared towards women’s health.
-- james ferraro

http://www.thefader.com/2015/11/13/fader-mix-james-ferraro
>>
Even Kanye is more progressive than him desu
>King Crimson
>Can
>Nina Simone
>Tears for Fears
>The Turtles
>Omega
>>
>>60485961
kanye is a rich millionaire who has a team of people finding stuff for him
how many producers did he hire for yeezus alone?
can't even compare
>>
>>60485995
He wasn't always though... look at that Doors sampling in The Takeover, it was just him producing/finding it all
>>
>>60486083
ya you right
>>
>>60486083

I think hes now more like an Dr. Dre executive producing. t b h
>>
>>60485868
its one of my favorite albums this year definitely. i love "to live and die in la" and "rhinestones". i think this is one of his most accessible albums yet, even more than night dolls if only because of how lo-fi that was.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.