[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you like jazz?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
If so, this is a reminder to participate in the weekly Jazz Blindfold Test thread every Monday.

All posters are welcome, regardless of how much you know about jazz and elitism is kept to a minimum. All you have to do is talk about the music you hear and what you think about it.

For more information on how this works refer to the pastebin:

http://pastebin.com/2yCLLBrj

This week is a wildcard and doesn't have any theme. Download the tracks, listen to them and write down your thoughts, criticisms, and guess of who they might be and then post them in this Monday's thread.

http://www64.zippyshare.com/v/Mkjgtf7h/file.html
https://mega.nz/#!NtpEAYAZ!estSyvG6HKSc80ZmKjVl1TmkQEWhbY7mrrTbP2kLT2k

The threads so far have been fun but we need more participants and more volunteers to select weekly tracklists.

For those of you participating already, what was your favorite track from last week? What theme ideas would you like to see?
>>
>>60478372
>This week is a wildcard and doesn't have any theme
I smell copy-pasta

The theme this week is Monk songs, right?
>>
File: adorno.jpg (5 KB, 223x224) Image search: [Google]
adorno.jpg
5 KB, 223x224
>>60478372
>>
>>60478403
Adorno would love jazz now that it's unpopular with no commercial potential
>>
>>60478372
is there a mail adress where to send theme suggestions and whatnot?
>>
>>60478400
Oops. I always forget to change that part.

Yes, this week's theme is Monk tunes played by others.
>>
>>60478469
[email protected]
>>
I don't, save for a few recordings that I like for things other than improvisation. Those recordings would be
Jabbo Smith - Jazz Battle
Charles Mingus - Clown
John Coltrane - My Favorite Things
Duke Ellington - At Newport
Woody Shaw and Anthony Braxton - The Iron Men
>>
Anyone have any latin jazz recs?
>>
>>60478753
I don't know much but it would be nice to do a Latin jazz theme one week.
>>
I either love or hate Jazz. I like most stuff with guitars, and dislike most stuff without them. I didn't even like Kind of Blue when I listened to it and that's meant to be a Jazz record for babbies, or so I've heard.
>>
>>60479742
Kind of Blue is just decent, not even a good point to start listening to jazz from.
>>
>>60480919
No point. Nobody likes Jazz or other kinds of older black music on this board.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.