[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is your earliest musical memory /mu/? For me, I remember
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
File: headphone.jpg (140 KB, 1500x1000) Image search: [Google]
headphone.jpg
140 KB, 1500x1000
What is your earliest musical memory /mu/? For me, I remember asking my father why all music in elevators sounded the same. I think I was around 2 at the time. He said it was because it didn't offend anyone.
>>
>>60476935
beats me dude i don't even remember what i ate for dinner last night
>>
I remember the classical music that played in the kindergarten I went to when I was 2, also. I loved the shit out of it.
>>
Wait, I thought elevator music referred to shit in like super fancy hotels and movies? Do they actually have music in all elevators in Burgerland?
>>
>>60476971
OP Here. Less and less now. But it used to be every hotel that had an elevator played a little easy listening jazz. But even the nicest and most expensive hotels in NYC don't anymore.
>>
I remember listening to ABBA in the car.
>>
I remember going on /mu/ for the first time.
>>
>>60476935
i remember listening to fashion nugget with my dad riding around in his convertible in myrtle beach when i was like 5. i recall marveling at a graffiti mural on the side of some building in a parking lot.
>>
>>60476935
My dad would have the radio on in the car, and whenever a song with a nasaly-voiced singer came on, he'd ask me who it is, and I'd yell out

>"SMASHING PUMPKINSSSSSSS"
>>
gran turismo 1
>>
My dad is a huge Beatles fan and my earliest memory is me dancing around in my tighty-whities to lady madonna
>>
I remember listening to Metallica Load with my dad when I was around 4 or 5
I called it 'fire music'
>>
I remember really liking christmas music when I was little, especially the choral stuff. Also Pachelbel's Canon
>>
>>60476935
I was on a ferry going to see Arlo Guthrie with my parents, I was 2 or 3 and I remember seeing the statue of liberty.
>>
File: serveimage.jpg (36 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
36 KB, 1280x720
Probably not my earliest one but the most prominent one I can think of is dancing around the house in my underwear to 'Can't Stop The Rock' by Apollo 440.

I used to have this jabba the hutt toy that I would shake like it was a maracca or something.

Hmmm.
>>
>>60478323
>Apollo 440
haven't heard anything about them in years. Rip in peace Big Beat
>>
i remember asking my father why he liked KORN so much and he said it was because it was the only music that he could listen to that would keep his penis erect; he was my rapist. I was 4
>>
singing african american folk songs in music class at my white elementary school
>>
>>60478851
kek
>>
>>60476935
I was playing Zelda 1 on NES. I had to be like 2 at the time.
>>
Riding in the backseat listening to Dad's cassettes in his '82 Cutlass. My first favorite song that I knew all the words to was Live and Let Die by Paul McCartney & Wings.
>>
Dancing to junior senior's 'move your feet'
>>
>music
>in elevators

OP confirmed for being 38 years old
>>
since I was big enough to get on a car I wanted my parents to put on some white noise or weird AM stations

>>60479376
good song familia
>>
>>60476935
i didn't like music at all when i was young but i really loved the chiptunes on NES
can't really be more specific though, brainfog is a bitch
>>
>be 2 years old
>waddle into living room
>bald lady on TV
>staring right at me
>she's very sad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dq2K4jHs92A

also:
>be 3 or so
>riding in the back of parent's car
>driving through countryside at night
>clear black sky full of stars through the window
>falling alseep on a long ride home
>"Kiss From a Rose" by Seal
>>
>>60476935
I remember my mind being blown my Genuine's Pony when I was like 4. Also when I was 3 I got in trouble for singing "they're gonna kick his lilly ass" from pretty fly for a white guy at my grandma's house.
>>
>3 maybe 4 years old
>father plays acoustic guitar for me and my brother
>mostly Beatles and Who tunes
>sometimes we do the song thats"and what does the kitty say? Meow meow ! What does the doggie say? Woof woof"
>father makes up his own verse and teaches me and my younger bro
>what sound does the Beatles make?
>"yeaaah yeaah yeeeeah"
>>
probably some country my dad played on his turntable
>>
i remember buying toxicity when i was 9
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.