[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey, /mu/. I've been on here for well over a year. I look
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
Hey, /mu/. I've been on here for well over a year. I look at peoples' charts all the time and look up what others are recommended/what everyone else is listening to. But I haven't found anything non /mu/core that caught my attention like these albums do. Obviously I don't like sharing #X#'s or my top 50 because everyone just says I'm basic.
Has anyone else found themselves like this? I just haven't really enjoyed much that wasn't /mu/core.
>>
File: Sea Shanties.jpg (11 KB, 200x197) Image search: [Google]
Sea Shanties.jpg
11 KB, 200x197
Here's some non /mu/core and see if you like this.

All videos of the album are blocked on YouTube so I suggest acquiring it through other means.
>>
Those albums are classics for a reason. Anyone who chides you for having "/mu/drone" taste or some similar derisive remark is most likely a retard.
>>
>>60467427
all generic pop music
>>
>>60467519
this, although kid a is garbage
>>
>>60467485
Found a YouTube playlist of the album with links to the blocked videos. Will just copy them into mp3fiber.com or something.. Thanks!
>>60467519
And thanks to you, too!
>>60467550
Yeah I agree
>>
>>60467427
Is /mu/ your main source of finding new music? Cause that's probably why. Also have you checked Murcury Rev?
>>
>>60467427
ive listened to all those except the one with the dead woman on the cover. whats it called?
>>
>>60467427
Takes time man. try upgrading your audio equipment

try out this jamhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeN5eyf7VTI
>>
>>60468020
Nah a lot of the time I just plug in a genre I'm interested in on RYM charts, pick something, read some reviews on there while listening, move on.
>>
>>60468057
Boris's album Boris at Last -Feedbacker-
>>
File: hamilton_FB.jpg (333 KB, 1200x628) Image search: [Google]
hamilton_FB.jpg
333 KB, 1200x628
Listen to Hamilton; it was the first thing I heard that I absolutely loved every second of that won't be found on a /mu/core chart
>>
I hear ya OP. Based on those albums I'd say you would be into a lot of post-rock (the good post-rock... none of that generic trash). A few that come to mind are Mogwai, Grails, and Rachel's.
>>
>>60468129
First time I've seen a Broadway soundtrack on here in months, and even longer since I've seen one I haven't posted. It's a solid album, haven't gotten to see the show yet, tickets are way too expensive right now.
>>
>>60467519
This man
but also, its good to branch out and find new music on your own that most people on /mu/ havent listened to
>>
I'm not very /mu/core, though the stuff I like tends to get a positive reaction around here

these are 10 albums I've been stuck on for a while
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.