[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Find an album on Youtube >Open it up in two separate tabs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2
File: cover.jpg (63 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
63 KB, 500x500
>Find an album on Youtube
>Open it up in two separate tabs
>Play one with the A side, one B side simultaneously
>Bask in musical glory

Did it with Low, fucking great. Pop A side with murky gloomy instrumental B Side. Try out different albums and see what works.
>>
OP, please don't take this the wrong way, but are you retarded?
>>
>Find every artist's discography on Youtube
>Play each album at the same time

HSSSSS AIDBDA DBITRY ITTTT PLEASEEE TRRRYYYY ITTT HAHAKSHABAKKSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZB
>>
>>60458405
Try it for yourself. Then we'll see who's laughing
>>
Makes Low sound like The Ape of Naples
And Art Decade and Sound and Vision end at exactly the same time
>>
>>60458447

And Always Crashing and Weeping Wall! What the hell that's weird
>>
>>60458405
Yes please no bully
>>
>>60458447
>>60458474
Please. Stop. OP.
>>
>>60458489
I'll post a Low with both sides playing and you can all sample the ecstasy for yourself
>>
>>60458432
I will try it on your promise that you'll get yourself institutionalized if I hate it.
>>
>>60458648
Deal. 2 mins
>>
I tried this with Devo's "Are We Not Men?" and it's legitimately sort of hypnotizing. Not necessarily good, but it's keeping my attention.
>>
>>60458870
"Space Junk" and "Come Back Jonee" go pretty well together.
>>
Kid A and Amnesiac are kind of interesting and go together surprisingly well so far
>>
lmfao dis nigga high af
>>
I present, Low AB: http://vocaroo.com/i/s0IzXG5C75sk

Gets better as it goes along desu. Also Vocaroo fucked up the quality but what can you do? View it as a challenging, experimental Bowie piece and it's epic

>>60459028
Moderately
>>
thats fucking stupid
>>
So has anyone done a double-lp or -CD intended to be played like this?

I'm sure someone has - if only for some bullshit hifi-reason?
>>
>>60459146
There's that 4 disc Flaming Lips one
>>
>>60458393
David Bowie turned marketing into the essence of his art. All great phenomena of popular music, from Elvis Presley to the Beatles, had been, first and foremost, marketing phenomena, however, Bowie turned that into an art of its own. With Bowie the science of marketing becomes art; art and marketing become one. There were intellectuals who had proclaimed this theory in rebellious terms. Bowie was, in many ways, the heir, no matter how perverted, of Andy Warhol's pop art and of the underground culture of the 1960s. He adopted some of the most blaspheme issues and turned them upside down to make them precisely what they had been designed to fight: a commodity. Bowie was a protagonist of his times, although a poor musician: to say that Bowie is a musician is like saying that Nero was a harp player (a fact that is technically true, but misleading). Bowie embodies the quintessence of artificial art, raises futulity to paradigm, focuses on the phenomenon rather than the content, makes irrelevant the relevant, and, thus, is the epitome of everything that went wrong with rock music. Each element of his art is the emblem of a true artistic movement however, the ensemble of those emblems constitutes no more than a puzzle, no matter how intriguing, of symbols, a roll of incoherent images projected against the wall at twice the speed, a dictionary of terms rather than a poem, and, in the best of hypotheses, a documentary of the cultural fads of his era. Reading the chronicles of his times, it is clear that what caused sensation was the show, not the music. The show that Bowie set up was undoubtedly in sync with the avantgarde, as it fused theater, mime, cinema, visual art, literature and music. However, Bowie merely recycled what had been going on for years in the British underground, in particular what had been popularized by the psychedelic bands of 1967. And he turned it into a commodity: whichever way you look at his oeuvre, this is the real merit of it.
>>
>>60459146
boris did
>>
>>60459146
Neurosis relaeased that ambient album as a companion to "times of grace"
>>60459067
OP this is shite
>>
>>60459174
which album?
>>
>>60459204
Fucking quality fucked it up famalam
>>
one time i got pretty high (>dude weed lmao) and i was listening to a song on bandcamp, and i wanted to read the lyrics so i opened the song page in a new tab. i thought i paused it, but apparently i didn't so i was listening to the song with about a 1 minute delay from where i was on the other tab. it took me a few minutes to notice because it was so good
>>
>>60459205
dronevil
>>
>>60459204
LISTEN LISTEN I'm uploading to Youtube for that HD audio bare with
>>
File: Low-Cover.jpg (128 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Low-Cover.jpg
128 KB, 500x500
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNvqLfZtrds

In all its glory
>>
>>60459259
I'll have to try that. I didn't even realize I was missing that album
>>
>>60459350
absolute madman
>>
>>60459350
I would be lying if I said I wasn't able to enjoy this, but it's probably because I've listened to Low more times than I can count and the novelty itself is engaging.
>>
>>60459545
Yeah, reminds me of Rock Bottom or something. And aren't you impressed when Sound and Vision and Art Decade end simultaneously?
>>
Were David Lynch and David Bowie homies? I just started watching Twin Peaks and the music is really similar to stuff on Low
>>
This technique also means you can listen to albums in half the time!
>>
>>60459671
dunno how close they are, but bowie's in the twin peaks movie
>>
>>60458420
>*glass breaks*
>SLEEVE UP MY SLEEVE
>BWOOOOOW I BREAK MIRRORS
>I DIDN'T ASK HIM
>GET GET GET GET GOT GOT GOT GOT
>BWOW BWOW BWOW COME UP AND GET ME
>>
>>60459671
I think bowie is actually in the twin peaks movie. Not sure about that though.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.