[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
logic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: logic.jpg (74 KB, 593x595) Image search: [Google]
logic.jpg
74 KB, 593x595
i have complete faith in his spitting ability and to have smooth production. the problem is he isn't really talking about anything. if he does it's usually about his success or disgust with the music industry but, it's almost like he is trying to gain success by talking about success. i appreciate the fact he works hard and promotes peace, love, positivity or whatever, he is a good example of someone who is a good rapper but, can't put together a decent body of work.
>>
Needs better influences.
>>
>Maybe if I popped Cristal
>Said I had a Lexus, or a triple beam I'd get a deal

it's the sad truth but if you brag about success people generally assume you deserve it
>>
>>60455400

i agree, his influences are also too apparent in the songs, not in the way of him paying homage to the greats just more of emulating someone else. so why would i listen to him trying to emulate "x" when i could just listen to "x".
>>
>>60455450

He sounded like Kendrick Lamar on half this album
>>
>>60455403
But doesn't he have a deal.
>>
>>60455450
>>60456354
*but he does have a deal.

Idk why I put doesn't
>>
>>60456387
that's a quote from a song by another rapper (high and mighty)
i just think it sums up a lot of aspects of rap
>>
>>60455400
He'll still be shit no matter who he's influenced by.
>>
>>60455450
>>60456327
>i agree, his influences are also too apparent in the songs

He's one of the biggest biters I've ever heard. I don't understand how people can stick up for this.

On this new album, the song Contact has the exact same drum beat in the instrumental. It's identical. The first verse of I Am The Greatest completely bites Drake's flow that he uses on IYRTITL. The instrumental for Stainless is fucking IDENTICAL to the instrumental to Travis Scott's Backyard. He even uses Kendrick's "you you you" adlib multiple times.

Fuck that "I wear my influences on my sleeve" bullshit. He's a shameless biter.
>>
>>60456417
It doesn't though because there are plenty of lyrical rappers out there who are doing well. Kendrick and J Cole run the rap industry right now. I know /mu/ doesn't really like Cole but his level of stardom is undeniable. His album went fucking platinum in less than a year with no features, singles, or promotion.

Neither of them are braggadocious rappers. You've got guys like Mick Jenkins who are catapulting towards the top, getting bigger by the day, and are showing no signs of slowing down.

And all the ignorant rappers, as dope as they can be, will be gone in a couple years. Migos have lost their huge relevance. So has Flocka. Future has peaked and will be on a downward slope now. Thugger may have a bit of extra longevity but he's not this future superstar that /mu/ hypes him up to be. He'll be nobody in like 3 years.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.