[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, I recently got a record player. Suggestions for records that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: the-velvet-underground-nico.jpg (87 KB, 918x918) Image search: [Google]
the-velvet-underground-nico.jpg
87 KB, 918x918
So, I recently got a record player.
Suggestions for records that were meant to be bought on vinyl?
Pic related, my first record
>>
>>60455131
The fact that so many blogs still name the Velvet Underground as "the greatest or most significant or most influential" rock band ever only tells you how far "alternative" music still is from becoming a serious art. Jazz critics have long recognized that the greatest jazz musicians of all time are Louis Armstrong and Miles Davis, who were not the most obscure or unsuccessful or "inaccessible" of their times, let alone of all times. Classical critics rank the highly underrated Mozart over classical musicians who are highly popular on charts around RYM. Alt rock bloggers are still blinded by indie cred. The Velvet Underground influenced more than anyone else (not true, by the way), therefore they must have been the greatest. Jazz critics grow up listening to a lot of jazz music of the past, classical critics grow up listening to a lot of classical music of the past. Alt rock bloggers are often totally ignorant of most rock music of the past; they've made a point of avoiding the best sellers on principle. No wonder they will think that the Velvet Underground did anything worthy of being saved.
>>
^ nigger
>>
>>60455144
I mean, it's still a pretty good album.
>>
>>60455144
lol this is good
>>
Anything recorded and pressed from analogue masters and produced for a hi-fi system.

Pretty much anything from the 70's
>>
>Suggestions for records that were meant to be bought on vinyl?

Any record pressed on vinyl could be "meant" to be bought on vinyl.

However, there are some bands that state their albums are intended to be listened to on vinyl record. For instance, the CD version of Slint's Spiderland states that the record is intended to be listened on vinyl.
>>
>>60455144
this is too good
>>
Jazz if you're into that. Brass does well on the format
>>
buy low by bowie
>>
>>60455131
>Suggestions for records that were meant to be bought on vinyl?
Probably any that predates CDs being the industry standard.
>>
The entire shellac discography and the big black discography.

The my bloody valentine discography but be careful which version you buy.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.