[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Now that the dust has settled, what does /mu/ think of AE_LIVE?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: ae_live.jpg (20 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
ae_live.jpg
20 KB, 500x500
Now that the dust has settled, what does /mu/ think of AE_LIVE?
>>
>>60452960
it's fucking amazing
>>
>mfw the new 'chre main album will be called AE_LP_12
>>
currently my fav ae release
>>
It fucking slams
>>
all I've listened to is Krakow, but that was great. I like how the live stuff is way more immediate than their albums
>>
>>60455473
Krakow and Utrecht are personal favorites, but all 4 are of quality that beats everything past Untilted so far.
>>
>>60452960
Urtech and Krakow were fucking sick man. Gotta hand it to the later for top gig though. Starts off full force and doesn't let up.
>>
>>60452960
Not as polished as any of their albums since like chiastic, but really good. Better than some of those albums despite not having a 'finished album' sound. It's 4 hours of material, so I can't complain.
>>
I like Dublin cause it's so noodly and weird. I think it probably stands out the most of the four.
>>
File: 1413713683119.jpg (38 KB, 947x960) Image search: [Google]
1413713683119.jpg
38 KB, 947x960
>LP12 is right around the corner
>>
>>60460284
It will finally be that album, the one that's on par with Tri Repetae and Confield, Autechre taking control of the 2010s. Right?
>>
>>60460350
But anon, that was Exai+L-Event.
>>
Oversteps = Confield > Draft 7.30 > LP5 > Exai > Untilted > Tri Repetae = Chiastic Slide > Incunabula = Amber = Quaristice
>>
>>60460416
Not even close.
>>
>>60460723
My nigga
I would swap Confield and Draft tho
>>
>>60460350
Tri Repetae is overrated. Confield - Untilted + Exai are much better. All my opinion, of course
>>
>>60460723
>Oversteps

you just wanted some (You), huh?
>>
>>60460723
Oversteps is their 2010s-defining album
>>
>>60461025
In terms of sound design, Oversteps and Quaristice are their best albums, and Oversteps doesn't waste a bunch of space with repetition and harsh ambiance the way Quaristice does. Quaristice is still good, but only in bits. Oversteps stays good the whole time and also has its share of spectacular moments. People who like ae for their old ambient techno sort of sound or their intricate percussion programming obviously aren't going to put oversteps at the top spot, but I think oversteps is the most interesting when it comes to the musical composition and synth work.
>>
>>60462063
It's also their most consistent album. If you listen to it all the way through you almost get a sense of narrative or an epic story throughout. I don't get that feeling from any of their other albums apart from LP5 a little
>>
>>60462191
Confield is also very consistent. I guess it might be less impressive for that album since the sound palate is very similar throughout, like most tracks have a skittery, scratchy feel to them. Dunno, I'd probably call it more consistent than oversteps, but oversteps is a much easier listen despite being just as if not more detailed
>>
>>60462401
It's weird that people always say Confield is very consistent sound-wise considering how different every track is from the next, yet when you listen to the whole thing it does sound very consistent indeed.
>>
>>60462485
definitely VI scose poise at the very least. You're right though, every track sounds different but so distinctly 'confield'
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.