[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Genius? Mediocre? Shitty? Pretentious overlong bullshit? What
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: tmv.jpg (21 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
tmv.jpg
21 KB, 480x360
Genius? Mediocre? Shitty? Pretentious overlong bullshit? What does /mu/ think?
>>
I don't know if I would call it genius but I enjoy it a lot. One of my favorites from the past decade
>>
Genius. Greatest album of the past fifteen years
>>
The first album was great, second was okay, and then the rest was yeah...

ATDI is more fun to go back to, TMV feels like a chore sometimes
>>
>>60448975
Goddamn fucking amazing.
>>
The closest we'll get to a Dark Side of the Moon of the 2000's.
>>
>>60448975
frances the mute was great and only gets shat on by /mu/ because it got panned so fucking hard by p4k

>>60449097
mite b tru
>>
>>60448975
Frances is great, but kind of falls off as it goes on. Like yeah, it's structure is more "prog" with drawn out ambiance and a 30 minute song/jam but I feel like its strength lies mostly in the first half of the album. I think DITC's more straight forward direction made for a more enjoyable experience making it my favorite. Amputechture is probably the hardest to get into, but I would have to say it's my second favorite just because I'm a dirty scumbag. Bedlam is a fun album with good energy and I do love plenty of moments on it, but I just can't put it above any of their first three. Same thing can be said for Octahedron. As for Noctourniquet, I actually really like it and would say it almost ties with DITC as my favorite TMV album.

So yeah.
>>
>>60449215
Hear it with the Title track put where it was originally intended, as track 1. Frances the Mute is actually a concept album.
>>
>>60449249
I was actually just going to mention the title track as it is one of my favorite TMV songs if not my all time favorite. I think I would hold Frances the Mute in a higher regard if they included it. And yeah I've looked into the concept which I think is pretty awesome and it kind of justifies not putting the title track in (the whole deal about a "missing link/piece"). I just think the ambiance could have been cut a tad and it wouldn't have lost anything.
>>
File: swag (1).png (380 KB, 465x683) Image search: [Google]
swag (1).png
380 KB, 465x683
Literally made this 5 seconds before seeing this thread
>>
>>60448975
Very well-done and well-performed. Not amazing, but not a bad way to spend an hour or so. It also probably got plenty of people into better music, but not on here obviously considering people refuse to listen to non-/mu/-approved music.
>>
>>60449097
that album is overrated as fuck, so you could well be right
>>
>>60448975
A classic album of the 2000's if there ever was one. Next level musicianship
>>
>>60450809
this
>>
The two first tracks of the album are absolutely mindblowing, (I consider Frances the mute to be the first as intended) then it falls off a bit.
I don't know why, but in my opinion TMV usually has two or three amazing songs per album,then the rest is a bit lackluster in comparison.
>>
>>60450809
>>60450814
hi conrarifriends
>>
Great
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.