[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Most polarizing albums of 2015
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6
Is this right?
>>
more like boringest most poo poo albums of 2015
>>
lmao
>>
File: image.jpg (192 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
192 KB, 700x700
pic related
barter 6
the magic whip

>>60405275
>good
universal themes
jenny death
the ark work

>meh
tpab
currents
emotion
hand cannot erase
new bermuda
the epic

>garbage
in colour
depression cherry
poison season
art angels
sometimes i sit and think
instant gratification
>>
>>60405421
Just listened to The History Of Flesh for the first time today. Why does everyone shit on it? I thought it was amazing.
>>
>>60405275
tpab wasn't polarising everyone hated it
>>
>>60405275
>Liked by poser/outsiders
In Colours
Ark Work
New Bermuda
Jenny Death
The Epic
TPAB
Sometimes I Sit and Think, and Sometimes I Just Sit

>Liked by waifutards/die-hard fans/sheeps
Art Angels
Universal themes
Currents
Depression Cherry
Emotion
Hand. Cannot. Erase.
TPAB, again

>May be good
Poison Season

not sure about bottom right
>>
>>60405448
because aaron memed and spammed it to death on here and the lyrics are kinda tryhard-y
i like it too tho
>>
>>60405421
>>good
>universal themes
>jenny death
>the ark work
>>
I Love You, Honeybear is an obvious choice
>>
>>60405487
>Female artist
>liked by waifutards

lol kay.
>>
>>60405568
Why? I thought it was generally well-liked
>>
>>60405487
A lot of Deafheaven's fans are fucking morons, I went to a show and almost everybody there dressed the same and had the same nauseating voice. Not to mention the vibe of just pure edge.
But besides that, they're fantastic though their fanbase is a cesspool.
>>
This is just a list of Pitchforkcore
are you alright?
>>
>>60405746
>Liturgy
>Steven Wilson
>DGD
>Universal Themes
>Pitchforkcore
>>
File: dead pet sounds.jpg (67 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
dead pet sounds.jpg
67 KB, 300x300
Post-avant-garde satire on modern pop music, the likes of which has not been seen since Frank Zappa? Or stereotypical white girl nonsense? YOU decide!
>>
>>60405779
90% of board thinks it's shit
>>
>>60405275
Poison Season is such shit, honestly Bejar might as well crawl into a hole and stay there right now since there's no way he's going to recapture what happened with Kaputt.
He's just too up himself to make another solid pop album, he'd rather stay back with his shitty 2000s material (made at a time when you didn't have to try to get into an end of the year list on p4k) and pretend he's making some kind of sophisticated art.

Beach House is, always has been and will continue to be complete shit, making me hate anyone who gives them a good review for ever and making me worry about people who listen to them instead of some good dream pop/shoegaze/ambient.

The Ark Work and Kamasi Washington are flavour of the year experimental and jazz albums and I haven't listened to the rest properly but the few tracks I['ve heard from Grimes and Kendrick were alright.
>>
>>60405779
>>
File: consider the following homer.jpg (109 KB, 569x428) Image search: [Google]
consider the following homer.jpg
109 KB, 569x428
>>60405275
>Currents
Just plain bad. Let It Happen was a good single though, but I got bored of it after a hundred listens.
>DC
Meh, could have been good if a single album had been made from the best tracks on it and TYLS
>Courtney Barnett
I loved this album and fuck everyone who didn't. Best Pavement-esque album since Light Up Gold.
>Art Angels
So bad it made me hate Visions too
>In Colour
Inoffensive and mediocre, but sometimes fun and emotional stuff. Got a few listens out of me.
>Ark Work
Sounds like the soundtrack to a PS1 RPG, and I don't mean that in a good way.
>The Epic
Didn't listen to it.
>Poison Season
Absolutely phenomenal stuff, way better than Kaputt for what it's worth. Still surprised P4K didn't give it a 9.3.
>TPAB
Most overrated album of the last 15 years.
>Deafhaven
Didn't listen to it, since I wasn't a huge fan of Sun Bat Her. Probably will eventually though.
>Stephen Wilson
Mediocre, like most Stephen Wilson stuff. Listened once, probably won't again.
>Carly
Most overrated pop album since 1989.
>Jenny Death
Best Death Grips LP since Exmilitary.
>Universal Themes
I'd completely forgotten this album existed. Mediocre, a more boring Benji.
>Dance Gavin Dance
Didn't listen to it. I heard it was pretty bad and I never listened to the band before.

Alright, those are my opinions. I presume there's at least one person who disagrees with each of them?
>>
Poison Season was polarizing? I thought it was a great album. I doubt there's many people that disliked it THAT much.
>>
>>60406271
shit sounds like bruce springsteen covering kenny g songs

boring af
>>
File: jimhalper.jpg (22 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
jimhalper.jpg
22 KB, 500x281
>>60406187
>Best Death Grips LP since Exmilitary.
>>
>>60405779
I like it for real except for first track
>>
>>60405275
Not even polarizing,
Just shitty overhyped p4kcore that /mu/ has gotten tired of being spammed everywhere
>>
>>60406187
Well just look at you, acting all important
>>
how can a bunch of lame bland shit be polarizing
>>
>>60405275
art angels is fucking boring
>>
>>60406386
marry me
>>
Depression cherry is good.
>>
>>60405275
this chart is actually really good but may I submit FJM

although beach house really?
>>
>>60405275
>tfw haven't listened to any of this
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.