[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what do you guys think of this album? its a personal favourite of mine
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: nail.jpg (120 KB, 600x595) Image search: [Google]
nail.jpg
120 KB, 600x595
what do you guys think of this album? its a personal favourite of mine
>>
Fantastic album. It makes me sad that more /mu/tants are liking it. They poison everything they touch.
>>
>>60388184
>It makes me sad that more /mu/tants are liking it
it was meant to happen bruh
it's on Scaruffi's list of best albums of all time
>>
>>60388212
yeah, but its not really associated with scaruffi. when people think of scaruffi they dont think of foetus, they think of captain beefheart and faust
>>
>>60388184
HAHAHAHAHHA

You think this album is obscure? Give me a fucking break, get out of your little hole for once.
>>
>>60388348
this guy only listens to noise-rock that hasn't been released yet.
>>
>>60388408
Foetus is one of the best known industrial artists, right after TG and Coil. You don't have to be an avant teen to know them. Stop being delusional.
>>
>>60388446
Ask most people on the street, they'll have no idea. What seems completely common for us on the internet is in reality really obscure, even neutral milk hotel is pretty obscure when you take into account the mainstream of society.
>>
>>60388490
Foetus is pretty known in musical circles. And most people in their 20s know NMH.
>>
>>60388348
Not the guy, but it's more of the worry, I believe, that it will be become a victim to spam on /mu/ than anything else.

>this album is obscure?

It's not so much obscure, as it is not mentioned as much as, say, an Animal Collective album. Granted, Nail is by far Thirlwell's most well known release, possibly because of Piero and RYM, but also likely due to it being a lot more "polished" than, say, Hole or Thaw.

Also keep in mind, too, that even fewer people will know Foetus outside of this board than they will other artists. Besides Thirlwell's contribution to the Venture Bros. soundtrack, and co-writing an early Nick Cave song, I can't think of too many places he could pop up in music discussion.
>>
>>60388582
I saw it happen with Stereolab, loved that band for years(still do) but now people are starting to hate them from how much it's been memed in here.
>>
>>60388168
>tfw I memed the top 25 of Scaruffi into oblivion back in July/August
>now people are starting to post Lullaby Land, Good, Nail, Twin Infinitives, Lorca regularly when previously they weren't even discussed

Feels good man
>>
>>60388212

>scaruffi's list of best albums of all time

so it's confirmed shit then, thank you for saving me time
>>
>>60388168
awesome album
>>
Love the album one of my all time favourites and something that I have been listening to a lot lately.
>>60390084
>being this dismissive
I am guessing this is a meme
>>
>>60388348
Of course I don't think it's obscure. It's of relative critical success and fame. J.G Thirwell is a big figure. But he's not an upcoming act, which are popular on /mu/. You know that /mu/ has a way of turning anything of relative popularity into a fucking gutter trash inside joke.
>>
File: minion.jpg (63 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
minion.jpg
63 KB, 480x640
I love Nail, it encapsulated my high-school angst. It wasn't the first Foetus album I heard but it was the first one I fell in love with. One liner jokes with noisey grooves = the best. Definitely in my top 5 forever and ever.

Also, Anything (Viva!) may be the best album closer of all times, certainly the most quotable.
>>
ANOTHER HUNGOVER MORNING
>>
literally edgy: the album
>>
I liked "Hole" slightly better.
>>
File: kill urself boy.jpg (44 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
kill urself boy.jpg
44 KB, 640x640
>>60388184
>i can't listen to things i like if people i don't like listen to it :(
>>
>>60388168
it was okay
>>
Mallgoth
>>
>>60393416
Gallmoth
>>
>>60393428
Llagthom
>>
I''ve only heard hole, is this better?
>>
>>60388168
Love it. His stuff for Venture Brothers is cool too.
>>
i tried to do any godamn thing i want
but then i went to jail
and now i can't do any godamn thing i want not even close
>>
>>60388168
honestly Ache and Deaf are better by far
>>
J.G. Thirlwell is damn talented, not just Foetus but Manorexia and Steroid Maximus are completely different and also great.

>>60388184
Why are you here then?

>>60393491
Both are among his best, I'd say Hole has the best highlights but Nail is more consistent.

Then you can try Love for something different.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.