[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has being a music elitist ever ruined potential relationships for you?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
Has being a music elitist ever ruined potential relationships for you?
>>
No because I'm not autistic.
>>
I'm not a music elitist, thankfully. I fucking love something in pretty much every style of music, from deathcore to dance music, to hip-hop, to powe violence to folk.
>>
There are no potential relationships with plebs
>>
no because what potential relationships
>>
If anything did it it was not elitism, but rampant narcissism.
>>
>>60386073
Music taste can define someone's personality, and that of course is very important.
it hasn't yet in my case but i think it will eventually
>>
no because i have never had a potential relationship
>>
>>60386970
>Music taste can define someone's personality

Not true, it mostly will denote the age/demographic, but not the personality.

Trust me I'm a shrink
>>
>>60386073
>potential relationships
>>
I told a girl who was in love with Brendon Urie and Panic! that A Fever You Cant Shit Out is a bad album. I think Pretty Odd is good too but she wouldn't listen to me after that. I also told her 21 Pilots had bland instrumentation (nothing to do with the music) and she never talked to me about music again

I feel like those two exchanges kept her from dating me LMAO
>>
No, because my bf and I share the same aesthetic sensibilities aside from him not liking electronic sounds. I typically share new music I like with him and he'll either enjoy it or fall in love with it, and he gets me into new stuff all the time.
>>
>>60387142
is he down to kek
>>
>>60387091
>bland instrumentation (nothing to do with the music)
what? how could that not have to with the music?
>>
>>60386073
>music elitist

There's really no such thing. People mistakenly and stupidly define anything "academic" or "avant-garde" as "elitist."

Funny enough, the original purpose of avant-garde was rebelling against the "objective" and elitist standards set by academia.

Cage, Reich, LaMonte Young, and all of the current heroes of the avant-teen set were originally considered rabble by academics critics of the day.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Downtown_music
>>
>>60387142
Where does one find a musically open-minded boyfriend? :(
>>
>>60386094
pleb
>>
>>60387182
Idk, I found mine on omegle of all places. I wasn't really looking either.
>>60387164
Nah.
>>
I can enjoy everything from mainstream edm to weird masochistic fart noise collages, it's usually the other part that mean and judgmental
>>
>>60387179
Well it was probably the least offensive thing to critique, I didn't say anything about the writing or what it sounded like, just that I didnt like their choice of instrumentation for what they had wrote
>>
>>60386073
I'm an elitist. I'll openly admit that I'm a music snob to people in conversation. But as of late, I've tried to not let the taste of others, especially those that *only* listen to top 40, get to me, or for me to tell them how shit their taste is. It's not working out so well.
>>
>>60386094
the list goes on...
>>
>>60386094
You sound based as fuck family.
>>
>>60386073
No, once you realize virtually all music is subjective, you stop being a pretentious elitist fag like how I used to be
>>
>>60387180
lol nice try anon. You realize there are thousands of people who unironically believe that their tastes make them superior, right? Not just on /mu/ or even 4chan. Granted, a lot of them are probably between 16-26 years old. Then again, I've seen elitism outside of that age range. To be fair, it seems most people just have moments of elitism, but some people seem to carry a superiority complex for years without questioning themselves.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.